Possible WW2 Estate sale coming up ???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    As some of you mullets know I dabble in estate sales from time to time.
    May possibly have an WW2 collection coming up soon here in central la.
    Big question...if the old boy has rifles/pistols of the time period and is liquidating his stuff or the heirs are liquidating the old boys ''stuff''
    Will a bill of sale be sufficient attesting the buyer swears he's a good guy and not a convicted d**khead?
    No, I'm not holding Jack S. for anyone because I've been burnt too may times so don't ask.
    Austin BR will just a few pictures of the goods time and location be A'Okay?
    Again we have not nailed down the estate liquidation, But our foots in the door!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    We can probably work something out where we'll allow the post. You said you don't intend to use the forum to facilitate buy/sell discussions, but rather anyone interested will need to attend in person? What city would this be in?

An easy way to make sure you're selling to non-dickheads is to just require that the buyer has a CHL. Some folks may not like it, but it proves that up until the issued date on their license that they weren't a felon shithead.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    We can probably work something out where we'll allow the post. You said you don't intend to use the forum to facilitate buy/sell discussions, but rather anyone interested will need to attend in person? What city would this be in?

An easy way to make sure you're selling to non-dickheads is to just require that the buyer has a CHL. Some folks may not like it, but it proves that up until the issued date on their license that they weren't a felon shithead.
    I believe the people said Duson or Crowley area, I don't have an address nailed down or the contract.
    A general generic this is what we have or abouts look see and maybe a F.B link.
    I won't be gunshow or Gun Broker a**high on a 10 foot Indian.
    In some cases I may ask the owner to set a price.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Please let us know here when you get it figured out

in for poaching . keep us posted..
    Will do, We were hit up to do estate sales for 3 separate family's last weekend alone.
    Its rare we have firearms or related materials.
    I need to make friends with a WW2 guy whom knows what he's looking at.
    I can do fair most the time but I don't know it all for sure.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Give yall a brief story on a sale in big Scott a month or so ago.
    Old man now deceased had an medium ice chest in the garage packed with mostly 44 mag's
    Family wouldn't sell.
    Next to it was a Grande Marquie maybe 132K on it, Cold AC etc ran fine, Lady wanted 500 for it?
    We are like Hell no we are going to get 3K for you.
    Got plenty 1500.00 offers.
    We held out and got 3K

Griz375

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2022
    901 AC
    Give yall a brief story on a sale in big Scott a month or so ago.
    Old man now deceased had an medium ice chest in the garage packed with mostly 44 mag's
    Family wouldn't sell.
    Next to it was a Grande Marquie maybe 132K on it, Cold AC etc ran fine, Lady wanted 500 for it?
    We are like Hell no we are going to get 3K for you.
    Got plenty 1500.00 offers.
    We held out and got 3K
    Two simple answers for lowballers.
    1. when it's gone, it's gone
    2. find another one

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I would imagine there is a subtle art to you “hosting”, for lack of a better word, a sale and being able to pick up a few choice items that really catch your eye.

My only reference was seeing an auctioneer step down from the podium for a particular item to pick up a bidding paddle. He won the item with the high bid, then returned to the podium and resumed.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I would imagine there is a subtle art to you “hosting”, for lack of a better word, a sale and being able to pick up a few choice items that really catch your eye.

My only reference was seeing an auctioneer step down from the podium for a particular item to pick up a bidding paddle. He won the item with the high bid, then returned to the podium and resumed.
    This is a problem, But then again I'm not really a collector.
    I do have a list of stolen WW2 items Pops brought back including a P-38, 3-bayonets, medals, Nazi flag with blood on it
    If I see these I may consider grabbing something.

Top Bottom