Post From Vermillion Parish S. O.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    Ha so you are one of those guys…. Roflol. I’m ex law enforcement and my son works for the sheriffs office and we both just laughed at this one… I agree it’s dangerous with the tint, but nobody agrees with tint nazis when the same person pulling you over has the same dark tint or darker lol… Double standards aren’t fun…
    You are aware that there is an exception for LEO and medical for tint right? I personally agree that I do not like double standards but, in the same breath, I realize it is sometimes necessary.

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    1st, it's likely not as dark as it looks. If all the other windows are tinted, a light tint on the windshield will also appear dark because of so little light getting inside of the vehicle but does not hinder vision looking out of it.

2nd, I can't come to understand why people are so bothered about not being able to see into someone else's vehicle.
    Walk up on one in the middle of the night, weed odor pouring out of it. Can barely make out multiple individuals inside with lots of movement, you may change your tune. I had one with my last department, a known dealer and his baby momma in front seat jump out, through dark tint on rear window, I can barely make out the FSB/barrel of an AR come up and point in my direction. This was in the middle of the day. I almost shot through the window, mom starts freaking out yelling its her kids.

Turns out, a 4 and 5yo in the rear seat with a plastic full size AR pistol toy. I would have been justified but, Holy ****, to live with that!? Because of tint and the stupidity of "parents"

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Walk up on one in the middle of the night, weed odor pouring out of it. Can barely make out multiple individuals inside with lots of movement, you may change your tune. I had one with my last department, a known dealer and his baby momma in front seat jump out, through dark tint on rear window, I can barely make out the FSB/barrel of an AR come up and point in my direction. This was in the middle of the day. I almost shot through the window, mom starts freaking out yelling its her kids.

Turns out, a 4 and 5yo in the rear seat with a plastic full size AR pistol toy. I would have been justified but, Holy ****, to live with that!? Because of tint and the stupidity of "parents"
    Laws are not made to convenience the job of government in the policing of its citizens, or rather should not be. This is how we got to where we are now, a mass surveillance police state that is growing every day and militarized police forces.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    You are aware that there is an exception for LEO and medical for tint right? I personally agree that I do not like double standards but, in the same breath, I realize it is sometimes necessary.
    Well I do know law enforcement has exceptions, but that also is a two edged sword. There will always be a work around when it comes to laws. If there are exceptions, there shouldn’t be any punishments to people who aren’t privileged also. There are just so many corrupt rules and regulations that it just starts to get redundant. Also the people who are sensitive to light should be wearing glasses to help them not tinting windows. The only reason for law enforcement to “need” tint is so they can conduct business undetected. It’s just a vicious cycle. One can say they need it for this, some can say they need it for that, I say I’m an American and I have every right to do what I want to my property…. See where this is going?

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I can see the logic and value in both sides of this "tint debate" but personally I will acknowledge that different systems need different things to function safely and reliably. LEOs are American citizens just as we civilians are and many are also former military. They matter too.
    I love Freedom but I have to more-so lean toward the position of law enforcement on the tint issue. Different systems, different needs, different dangers.

Additionally, I'll strip all the factory tint off of my very nice vehicle if "they" will strip all the firearm-restricting laws off the books.
    Solid compromise in my opinion, and truly honoring and following the Constitution. How American is that?!?

Addition 2.0: Firearms rights/possession are protected by the U.S. Constitution but tint is not.

Last edited:

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I've stated my position on the tint "issue" in my above post.
    I really hate seeing LEO & Biker gatherings behind fallen LEOs.

They Matter, Too.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Yes ..... people being allergic to direct sunlight is a legitimate medical conditions...... Personally have a slight touch of it...If out in the sun i cannot tan but get lobster red for a couple of days till going back very light skin...... have been sun burned to the point of water blisters on back and bottoms of feet....... But I agree that the tinting of window glass in vehicles has been greatly abused........ Just because you can buy these products does not mean you can legally use them..... drill sgt.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well I do know law enforcement has exceptions, but that also is a two edged sword. There will always be a work around when it comes to laws. If there are exceptions, there shouldn’t be any punishments to people who aren’t privileged also. There are just so many corrupt rules and regulations that it just starts to get redundant. Also the people who are sensitive to light should be wearing glasses to help them not tinting windows. The only reason for law enforcement to “need” tint is so they can conduct business undetected. It’s just a vicious cycle. One can say they need it for this, some can say they need it for that, I say I’m an American and I have every right to do what I want to my property…. See where this is going?

The exceptions are not for a privileged group of people. The exceptions are open to anyone with a need for it.

And as an American, you are free to spray paint all of your windows black. That's probably the darkest tint you could go. And you can drive around on your property any time you'd like. The only time the state cares is when you use public roads.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Laws are not made to convenience the job of government in the policing of its citizens, or rather should not be. This is how we got to where we are now, a mass surveillance police state that is growing every day and militarized police forces.

Should it be legal for someone to lie to the police about their identity if they are legally detained?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Should it be legal for someone to lie to the police about their identity if they are legally detained?
    Let me restate that.

Laws or regulations should not exist to convenience the job of the government to police it's citizens when those laws or regulations directly affect otherwise innocent people that have no other probable cause or reason for law enforcement contact.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Let me restate that.

Laws or regulations should not exist to convenience the job of the government to police it's citizens when those laws or regulations directly affect otherwise innocent people that have no other probable cause or reason for law enforcement contact.

What about a law that limits an activity not protected under the constitution that is in place to protect innocent people other than the ones performing that activity?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    What about a law that limits an activity not protected under the constitution that is in place to protect innocent people other than the ones performing that activity?

Ok, like street racing maybe?
    Maybe. You know me though, actions have consequences if those actions lead to involving innocent people. No harm, no foul.
    There's only one way to ensure a constitutional republic stays entirely free, and that's to not rely on big daddy G to tell you what you can and cannot, harmlessly, do. We have long separated from that label. We now live in a democracy, thanks to all the pansies that feel threatened by things such as window tint. So now, we have things like seatbelt laws.

They don't call it dangerous freedom for nothing.

Top Bottom