Post Your Ammo Can DIY Project

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bulldawg

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    New Roads
    Hello All -

I have an old ammo can that looks like the one below. I think it would be cool to come up with something to do with it, but I'm not sure what to do yet. If you've done any neat DIY projects involving ammo cans, post them here and inspire me!

08-0900_04.png

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    I used a double size bolted down to the floor of my old '71 CJ5 as a lockable strong box. It got the bed liner treatment along with the tub when I did the frame-off resto. No digital pics though, sorry

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I have a plastic one that I mounted an old computer power supply in. I then mounted several usb charging points on it and a 12 volt car plug socket in it. I also mounted a computer case fan in it so it will dissipate heat. I'll take pictures of it when I head back down to the shop.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Not the same kind of ammo can, but this is my creation. I have a 3/8" rod going thru it and mounted to pillow block bearings on top and bottom. Holds some of my trail gear and tools and has a catch on the side to lock it in place. Bottom hinge of lid is welded so the lid swings but doesnt come off. The top pillow block mount also is part of my high lift mount.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Not the same kind of ammo can, but this is my creation. I have a 3/8" rod going thru it and mounted to pillow block bearings on top and bottom. Holds some of my trail gear and tools and has a catch on the side to lock it in place. Bottom hinge of lid is welded so the lid swings but doesnt come off. The top pillow block mount also is part of my high lift mount.

well done sir!
    That's what I was talking about.
    Also like to see the dual sport guys mounting cans on the side of their KLRs and other bikes.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom