Post your pics of Ida Damage.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    My mother's house here in Marrero is fine as of now, but here is a pic of the neighbors house....

Attachments

• IMG_20210829_141129257.jpg
      IMG_20210829_141129257.jpg
      256.3 KB · Views: 192
    Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Anything can happen at any time and at any location. Never under estimate a storm and make a decision on where you think it may or may not go. Prepare for the unexpected, If not, you loose! ;)

I have been in bad weather on ships at sea quite a few times and it is not enjoyable.
    WE have been getting strong wind and rain in Walker since about 8:00 PM and we are under a Parish Wide Curfew until 10:00 AM Monday.

vr1967

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Liberty, MS
    I’m stuck at work near Zachary, wife in Liberty said power out, and some wind so far, but little rain. Think they going to get it bad about 11pm or so

Brought my chainsaw etc to work. If my relief shows up, i’ll work on clean up of roads etc, until i can’t stand any more

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    Anything can happen at any time and at any location. Never under estimate a storm and make a decision on where you think it may or may not go. Prepare for the unexpected, If not, you loose! ;)
    lose*

But while I prepared for the worst, i stopped expecting any major damage once it was going to land and turn north and east

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Roof, some siding and fireplace pipe and cap.
    I have nailed roof before in my younger days to pay the bills as friend built new holmes and retavations.
    I nailed this one and my dad's. Already fixed his with the extra I bought and picked up so would have some in case if a storm.
    So already fixed his roof with my wife's help. She said she not cut out to be a roofer. But chipped in and gloved up the just done nails. Not many wives or GF woukd do that. Or cut up trees and do lawn work.
    Payback is gonna cost me.
    We cut the downed tree from both his neibors that fell.
    One fell into his property in front and one in back. His is like it never happened now.
    Did the same here.
    So just gotta see if I have it in me to R&R my roof myself or have it done.
    Have a new roof nailer i just tired out to make shure it worked that has just been waiting. 4 cases of nails. And a tar paper nailer with 5000 caps and nails too.
    I do not want to later regret not doing it.
    I saw some out of towers putting 2 nails one each side and then just one in center. As no-one can tell after done. Just get paid and move on.
    Sad.
    Do need a, shed too the doors blew off and side was damaged as well as the roof.
    But going to just have someone else build a new one.
    Anyone have a shed guy? 8x12 8x14 as 10x12 or 10x14 may be ti big. Wood T-11 8 foot tall sides

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Well I wasn’t too happy with the decision to stay on the westbank but it looks like that’s actually paying off for me right now. Several benefits of living near a hospital including being on the same power grid! Wasn’t expecting power this soon but I’m certainly not complaining.

Top Bottom