POTUS disarms Marines....unbelieveable.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I mean geez, ONE BAD APPLE and no more operational firearms... sheesh...

KZnJcWx.jpg

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    None of us were disarmed when Bush and then Cheney came to New Orleans after Katrina.

I was 7 feet away from Cheney with an AK 47 and nobody gave a ****.

10November1775

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    I thought parade weapons were ceremonial rifles, like realistic-looking color guard .

The M1's are fully functional. The decision is most likely from the secret service. When Cheney came to Iraq, they would not allow any loaded weapons near him(other than theirs' of course). It is most likely SOP. People are fishing for conspiracies.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Eh. Got any cost comparisons w/ inflation? Contrast those with our current economic situation.

Why would I need any? The cost is irrelevant to the fact that it is an American tradition, has been an American tradition, and asking the media to finance our traditions makes about as much sense as asking the film industry to pay for maintenance on our national monuments because they get some use out of filming things the government was doing anyways.

I know the media is an easy target here, as it should be, but this one is just nonsense.

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Why would I need any? The cost is irrelevant to the fact that it is an American tradition, has been an American tradition, and asking the media to finance our traditions makes about as much sense as asking the film industry to pay for maintenance on our national monuments because they get some use out of filming things the government was doing anyways.

I know the media is an easy target here, as it should be, but this one is just nonsense.

Ok ok. Getting the media to pay for an event is out there. But really. Why cant there be a cap to the expenses. I'm more pissed that we havent had a balanced budget in 5 years.

Ron Paul.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Ok ok. Getting the media to pay for an event is out there. But really. Why cant there be a cap to the expenses. I'm more pissed that we havent had a balanced budget in 5 years.

Ron Paul.
    Because if you're talking about /trillion/ dollar deficit, it's even dumber to worry about the fraction of a drop of water in the bucket that is this ceremony than it is to worry about NASA's budget, compared to the /actual/ deficit problems.

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Because if you're talking about /trillion/ dollar deficit, it's even dumber to worry about the fraction of a drop of water in the bucket that is this ceremony than it is to worry about NASA's budget, compared to the /actual/ deficit problems.

sure. and I get that....

But its the principal. Keep the lights on while the ship is sinking, right?

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    My experience of the Secret Service is they view everyone and everything as a threat to the president. Period. With such a divided country these days, I bet they work extra hard.

It's still disrespectful in my opinion.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    My experience of the Secret Service is they view everyone and everything as a threat to the president. Period. With such a divided country these days, I bet they work extra hard.

It's still disrespectful in my opinion.
    I hold a lot of respect for those guys. Regardless of how they feel about the president and what he does to their country they remain stern to strict orders.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    The only bad thing about Alex Jones is that he can find a conspiracy in ANYTHING. Mention that Taco Bell made you run to the toilet and I am sure he will come up with some sort of government conspiracy as to why Taco Bell made you run to the toilet!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom