Pov

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I have seen the term POV listed as a place legal to carry a gun. This was in the course of conversation about carrying in your vehicle because it is an extension of your home. I took POV to mean privately owned vehicle.

However in the La RS it only describes motor vehicles. (such as in the carry in firefree zones) it says that 1 exception is the gun is completely contained in a Motor Vehicle.

My question is would the possession of a firearm in a firearm free zone in a publicly owned vehicle be legal ??

Example: a city worker repairing a traffic lite next to a school using his city owned truck that is also his service vehicle

LOL.skip the flame job about policies, I'm talking about legal or illegal here.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Most publicly owned vehicles aren't allowed to have firearms in them do to liability reason. I have a state vehicle and I am not allowed to carry in it, having said that as part of my job I go into the Lower 9 periodically and such and I can't legally carry in their car so I don't.;)

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Most publicly owned vehicles aren't allowed to have firearms in them do to liability reason. I have a state vehicle and I am not allowed to carry in it, having said that as part of my job I go into the Lower 9 periodically and such and I can't legally carry in their car so I don't.;)

So are you saying it is against La Law to carry in a publicly owned vehicle or against most agencies policies ?

Policies could get you a disciplinary of some sort but not arrested.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    So are you saying it is against La Law to carry in a publicly owned vehicle or against most agencies policies ?

Policies could get you a disciplinary of some sort but not arrested.

I would think it is against most agencies policies. It might even be in the regulations which might make it a criminal act. It's like carrying military weapons in a POV it ain't allowed. I will try to find our agencies exact policy or regulations stating no weapons. No non-employees can ride in the vehicles either. I think it all boils down to liability. I am waiting for them to come out with no cell phone use by the driver. You will see us pulled over everywhere talking on the phone then.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cruisewitro
    Top Bottom