powder measure for hand gun ammo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    P/M's such as Redding, RCBS or Hornady will work. You didn't say if it was for pistol or rifle reloading. Extruded powders will not flow as well as ball & flake powders. A lot will come down to how much precision you need and how much money you have.
    You could also use something like the RCBS ChargeMaster and the Dillon AT-500 die & powder funnel. They throw a consistent charge and it would not slow you down that much. Just some thoughts and there are several ways to go about this.

Bryan

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    My turret press came with a Lyman 55 and works quite well with ball, flake and extruded powders. Set up and consistent operation is critical with any and all measures.

kk5fe

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Covington
    Are you looking to screw the measure into one of the empty die holes on your turret? I have an RCBS turret that I tried doing that with.... I had a Lyman 55 for years but they don't fit in the same hole as the dies, at least the one I had didnt. So I bought a Redding match 3BR measure. It has the same thread size as the dies so it will screw into the hole just fine. That being said I didn't really like doing it that way so I just mounted it next to my press. I haven't seen any powder the 3BR wouldn't measure well and accurate.

I also have a Dillon 650 that's great! Bought it from Beauxdog..... but that's getting away from the subject.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom