"Pre-Ban" High cap pistol magazines.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SeaZast

Nawlins AK Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Nawlins
    I was digging through some old stuff and came across 2 pre-1994 ban high cap magazines for a pistol. I was stocking up on a few extra back then for my 9mm. Well, I found 2 of them, still unopened. One package even says "Apr 23 2003." Back then I figured that I'd just keep them, one day find them and they may go up in value.

I did a quick look on GB for "pre-ban" mags hoping I could sell them for a bit more. Seems like I could get a few bucks more than I originally paid, but I still can't sell to "high-cap ban" states, unless that buyer in that state has an FFL?

Does "pre-ban mag" really mean anything then? Should I just take them out of the package and just use them? I still have the pistol they were bought for.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    As far as I know, they have to have possessed them prior to the ban.

However, there is no way to prove if they did or not....

SeaZast

Nawlins AK Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Nawlins
    Ah, that's the trick... Well, Bubba here ain't gonna ship to a "ban" state, FFL or no FFL holder. I'll post them on GB for a week maybe to see what happens. If not, I'll trade them for other mags I need.

Futuristic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Varies by State...

As far as I know, they have to have possessed them prior to the ban.

However, there is no way to prove if they did or not....

Actually, that only applies to SOME of the States, others can buy all the pre-94 mags they want and import them at will, they just need to be pre-94.

Other States (including most notably California...) do in fact care WHEN you came into possession of those mags, so they need to be pre-94 AND have been in your possession prior to some date.

As with many things, this whole deal now varies by State and you'll need to figure the laws of any State you intend to ship to.

Good Luck!

Futuristic

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Ridiculous laws.

I've seen the ones on Gunbroker that can be sent to those states and they're listed pretty high. I don't know if they sell them for that price though.

Top Bottom