Precision firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hondatec1

Justwannashoot!
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Denham Springs
    I went there last night to shoot my M&P 15-22 and site my red dot in. I had fun, the people there are really nice and informative! I will be going back soon!

Last edited:

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    That has been my experience, except for the time the woman in the adjoining lane had no clue that twirling her pistol on her finger was a bad idea and against the rules and the staff wouldn't do anything about it.

You will find your fellow shooters can be very helpful, but aren't intrusive. The last time I shot, a fellow was having a bit of difficulty sighting his Crimson Trace. I gave him a suggestion on how I did mine and it worked better for him. Shooting my .41 always draws attention and kids love the brass.

BRBrett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    This is where I primarily go. Everyone is very nice and helpful. It would be nice to shoot in an open range though.

earlycuyler

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2011
    Can anyone give me a breakdown on cost. I've heard they charge by the box and I've also heard it's a flat fee.

I would really like some clarification.

Thanks,

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Can anyone give me a breakdown on cost. I've heard they charge by the box and I've also heard it's a flat fee.

I would really like some clarification.

Thanks,

It's both. The range fee is a flat fee, but that is only for use of the range - no gun rentals, no ammo, no pistachio flavored icecream.

If you want to buy ammo from them, it is by the box.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    $15 range fee, all day.
    Hearing and Eye protection is provided with your range fee, if you need it.
    I think the targets are $1
    Women shoot free Monday-Thursday
    Buy your ammo at Wal-mart, Academy or online.

earlycuyler

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2011
    Thanks for the info.

I've got all the ammo I need. So i would just need to pay the flat fee.

Time to test out the new M4

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    $15 range fee, all day.
    Hearing and Eye protection is provided with your range fee, if you need it.
    I think the targets are $1
    Women shoot free Monday-Thursday
    Buy your ammo at Wal-mart, Academy or online.

makes it easy to go shooting midweek, cause the wife goes with no range fee. good guys there. I've had experiences with my own firearms and wanted just a second opinion and said, "hey, put a few rounds through this and let me see your results" and trusted that these guys are good gun guys. I'm on board with Precision these days. It wasn't always that way, but it is now. Enjoy your shootin'!

t-train

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    the only ones I ever caught any attitude from was the day manager, and the rambo wanna-be guy (the one with two guns and like six mags). Other than that, its a great place to shoot, IMO

macdaddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Sorrento, La.
    Yeah i went in there and asked "when was the last time you guys got held up?" the only one that laughed was a british guy who was buying something in there. lol

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I find the employees to be a little cocky

Ive only gone on weekdays (usually tuesday/thrusday) around noon or a little later, and I've had nothing but pleasant experience from the two that are usually there. I beileve I was told one was the owner. Either way those two are extremey nice and helpful and I could not ask for a different range experience in that regard.

Now one day there was another charcter there that wasn't too pleasnt but everyone has a bad day I guess.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I only go there to shoot, not socialize with the staff. We speak and they are friendly and helpful if you need anything.

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    Yeah i went in there and asked "when was the last time you guys got held up?" the only one that laughed was a british guy who was buying something in there. lol

Brits have a f/ked up sense of humor....thought everyone knew that. :D

I find the employees to be a little cocky

In general the "gun culture" (ranges, gun shops etc) can be percieved as a little "off" I reckon, at least in my experience.
    I put it down to the assholes they have to put up with on a daily basis.

moonshoxx

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Ive only gone on weekdays (usually tuesday/thrusday) around noon or a little later, and I've had nothing but pleasant experience from the two that are usually there. I beileve I was told one was the owner. Either way those two are extremey nice and helpful and I could not ask for a different range experience in that regard.

Now one day there was another charcter there that wasn't too pleasnt but everyone has a bad day I guess.
    Definitely did not ruin my day; all I do is pay and shoot but still. True, could have been bad day

Top Bottom