PRECISION RIFLE - Basic & Intermediate, Inst-Terry Cross, Kisatchie Machine Works

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TangoCharlie145

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Alexandria, LA
    PRECISION RIFLE
    Basic and Intermediate
    Terry Cross – Lead Instructor
    WHAT: 4 Day / 40 Hour Course combining the Basic and Intermediate classes into one.
    WHEN: SEPTEMBER 24th - 27th, 2015.
    This is a Thursday – Sunday scheduled to minimize lost work days for students.
    WHERE: Long Range Alley Shooting Complex in Grand Cane, LA
    www.longrangealleygunclub.com Air Conditioned Classroom, Pro Shop and
    Bathrooms. 5 minutes from I-49. 15 minutes from Shreveport, LA.
    PREREQUISITES
    Minimum 18 years of age *(ages lower than 18 are allowed if accompanied by parent or guardian)
    Must pass basic criminal background check.
    * Current L.E. Credentials, U.S.Military Credentials or Current CCW from a U.S. State or Territory.
    ** No personal data is kept by 1 Mil Right LLC. All personal or sensitive information will be destroyed after the class is completed.
    Course Description
    I ensure a professional and hands on experience. Emphasis is placed on continuous communication between instructor and student. Students are my customers. As such, each is treated with respect as allowed within my ability to offer a safe training environment for all parties
    Course curriculum is comprehensive and the tasks of each day are paced at a high tempo. Individual skill assessments are made at the beginning and end of this course. Continuous feedback and data is given to the student so that you have something tangible to document your progress.
    A combination of classroom and range time is geared to insure that each student builds to and
    meets or exceeds performance goals set for this class level. Each skill set is built upon
    fundamentals logically layered through each stage of this class.
    Course is fast paced and comprehensive. After a full safety brief and laying out of ground rules,
    the class will start with ballistic fundamentals and correct weapon system setup. Full spectrum
    of weapon use from 7 yards to 600 yards will be covered in the first 3 days. Day 4 will give
    exposure to ranges and data from 600-1000 yards. Finally back to a re-shoot of the short range
    Proficiency Course that is shot on Day 1.
    As with my Law Enforcement classes, no tactics, stalking or hide building are taught by
    1 Mil Right. The material and presentation concentrates on building your skill sets and problem
    solving so that you are flexible, confident and capable.
    Favorable student to instructor ratio will be maintained. Depending on class size, 1 Mil Right
    has an extremely capable pool of Co-Instructors to bring on line as needed.
    My ultimate goal is to have you improve your skills by challenging you and pulling your away
    from your comfort zone. 1 Mil Right will help you build your confidence, your imagination and
    your ability to adapt so that you can place your shot on demand.
    There are many variables in every shooting scenario that you are not in control of. We will put
    you in more control so that you can succeed.
    Building Rifle Drivers One Shot at a Time. . . . .
    COST: - - - $900.00
    (50% Non-refundable deposit required to secure a slot. Deposit is due NLT one
    week before the first day of class). This covers all range fees, insurance, shirt, cold
    fluids, certificate of completion and targets that must be staged in advance.
    Interested parties can contact Terry at the email address shown below for a full info packet.
    Terry Cross
    1 Mil Right, LLC
    1405 Frank Andrews Blvd.
    Alexandria, LA 71303
    PH: 318 528 8834
    Terry@1MilRt.com www.1MilRt.com

Last edited:

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    To anyone who might be considering this, Terry is good to go. Keep your ears and mind open, and you're going to realize that it's the best $900 you've ever spent.

Last edited:

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    Haven't trained with Terry, have taken similar classes, and if the mad scientist at RP vouches I'd bet you will KNOW what you and your rifle can do after a class like this. If June wasn't full to the brim I'd go shoot this one, looks very interesting.

TangoCharlie145

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Alexandria, LA
    BTW, I am not Terry Cross if anybody may have thought that with my handle. I am Tommy Carnline and a very good friend of Terry's. Because of my handle I have been mistaken for him ( good for ME, not sure about him, haha). Terry is a great instructor and does know quite a bit about long range shooting among other disciplines. I appreciate the favorable comments. Terry's reputation proceeds itself and he is a very humble person to boot. You will definitely learn a lot over 4 days.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Days like this make me wish I had a 308.

What's the round count for the class? Not sure I could find enough 260 brass for 4 days of shooting. Ha ha

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

MONK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    Thanks for that VG. I was honored when Terry asked me to be a part of what he wanted to put together.

Terry asked me to pass on that the June Class is being rolled into the September 24-27, 2015 class. 1 MIL RT was getting a lot of interest along with........."but I'll be on vacation with the kids" which is very typical for everyone this time of year. This will at least up the possibility for milder weather. Please check out the website www.1milrt.com. If anyone has questions about the class please don't hesitate to email / message me.

MONK

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    Days like this make me wish I had a 308.

What's the round count for the class? Not sure I could find enough 260 brass for 4 days of shooting. Ha ha

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Talked to Terry today about the class. Round count would be 300 rounds.

Top Bottom