Precision Rifle prep match

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARROWBEE

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2014
    Thibodaux
    CORE shooting has a precision rifle prep match on Aug 15. Just wondering if anyone plans of attending? I'm headed out there for sure.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Im shooting the match at K&M in TN that weekend. I want to sign up for their semiauto match in November, just dont really have a gun that would compete very well. Only have a 16" barrel on my AR, Ill probably sign up and shoot it anyway just for fun.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    I jumped right in, if you decide to shoot the match let me know and maybe we can get squadded together. Ill show you what I know which isn't much.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ARROWBEE

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2014
    Thibodaux
    I think at this point its all full. Someone would have to sell there spot. If I see one come up I may jump on it. I'll post back here if so, where are you from?

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    I'm over in Bedico by madisonville.

JC they are having a carbine match in November that looks pretty awesome. Still on the fence about going though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ARROWBEE

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2014
    Thibodaux
    If you know anyone looking three spots came up for sale on the hide. I thought about going but I need to crawl before I run. I'm going to hit up this one day match this weekend and the one at the end of September. After that I should know what I need to be competitive in the actual series. I'll use the off season to buy/build what I need and be ready next year.

MONK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    I just got back from RM3G and wish I could make the match in November, but I'll be trying for a Missouri bow buck. JP Enterprises is sponsoring the November match. They are a giant supporter of the shooting sports. They make amazing gas and bolt guns. If you've never participated in a match like this it'll be a great experience. I hear shooters say I don't have the equipment.... Run what you brung is what I say. (Watched a 19 yr old run a M1A w/ irons, an OLD 870, and G21 with old equipment.............you do not want him shooting at you out to 600) You can only learn from this experience, and it''l make you a better, more confident shooter. Most shooters are more than happy to lend solid advice at the match. The only imperative is know your dope. That's more than half the battle. I get that it's easier said than done, but with all the ballistic apps now it really makes it easier. You can estimate the MV if you don't have a chrono then "true" the data by confirming it at longer distances. You can also google your specific factory ammo to see what someone else is getting in a similar rifle. BC's are listed everywhere nowadays if you know the bullet your are shooting. Not sure if they'll have separate heavy/lite divisions. If you are shooting Lite (.223) you'll want to shoot the heavy side of bullet weights 75-77gr to carry more velocity at distance. Most 55-62grain bullets will go transonic between 500-600 yds. These are estimates and not meant to include the lightening fast handload you made. Look forward to hearing from the guys that make this match.

monk

Top Bottom