Pregnant mom says sandwich arrest was 'horrifying'

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Stop breaking the law a$$hole!!!!!!!

Seriously though.... they paid for $50 worth of groceries. It really does sound like it was a mistake.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I have been known to walk 20 feet and get a chocolate milk to go with my meal. I pay for it when I get up front.

That's pretty funny. I was about to say that I've snagged a chocolate milk from the dairy section at Rouse's several times and drank it while shopping. But only with the Ex, as she would invariably take 30 minutes to pick up what I could have managed in 5. By myself, it's "get in, get out".

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Sounds like an EX manager for that store and a fired security guard, Law Suit waiting to happen

And I guarantee I would al least spend a weekend in jail if you take my kid away,

I have also found my kid once who "forgot" he had candy in his pocket and I made him get back in the store and pay for it and I took him myself to the PD to get a lecture (while on lunch break) of why what he did was wrong and the consequences, needless to say I seriously doubt he will EVER try that one again.

But $5 worth of sandwiches, after making a $50 purchase at the store and offering to pay for the sandwiches is a diferent story

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    breaking the law is breaking the law, regardless if you're thirty weeks pregnant or in the Air Force... i would agree though, that the broad consequence of the breaking the law was taken to the max, which could have been handled more professional and less proceedural...

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    breaking the law is breaking the law, regardless if you're thirty weeks pregnant or in the Air Force... i would agree though, that the broad consequence of the breaking the law was taken to the max, which could have been handled more professional and less proceedural...

I think they were subject to "enforcement overkill" was because they were non-native and/or military.

As a former servicemember that lived in Hawaii for several years, the native people of Hawaii do not like the service members or the transplants very much. I was married to a girl thay was born and raised in Hawaii and was routinly advised to watch myself when we went to certin sections of the island of Oahu that were for "Islanders", not tourists or military. We lived in Kailua and had horses in Maunawilli. I was strongly advised by my father-in-law not to go to the farm by myself or into Waimanalo to get feed or to the hardware store, because "they don't like Howlies". I was regularly looked at sideways by native Hawaiians, even those that were friends of my ex-wife's and her family.

HPD at the time was almost exclusivly comprised of native Hawaiians and multi-generation residents. There were little to no veterans that had been stationed on the island employed by the PD. When I was looking to get out of the military and go to work at the HPD I was basicly told in not so many words I wasn't welcome because I was not a native to the island. The fact that I had married a "Island Girl" made it worse, not better.

That being said, breaking the law is breaking the law, but I would bet a dollar to a doughnut a native islander would not have been subject to the extreame that this couple was.

Takuan

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    NOLA

That has more than a whiff of "I was just following orders" about it.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Way back in the old days, when we were soooo poor; one "outing" was to go shopping @ the big Schwegman's on Airline Hwy. They had Pabst Blue Ribbon for .89/6pack. Put a pack in the cart, drink 2 or 3 while shopping, then pay at checkout. The cashiers would see the empties and knew what to do.

I was far from the only one doing this, too !

One of the joys of youth & poverty !

leVieux

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I wonder if the fetus will be born with a record? After all it was nourished by the sandwich too and so considered an accomplice. No. I'm not serious.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom