Prepper reading list

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    The Road is probably a very realistic wake-up call for people that think they've got it all figured out.

I'll +1 that book. Kind of puts things in perspective a bit.

Started the Patriots series last night- will post a review when I've taken a piece out of it.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I lied. after a friend hyped up "one second after", I put patriot down (was only a few pages in) and started it.

im hooked already and cant put it down. fantastic read and highly recommended!

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I ordered "One Second After" from Amazon yesterday. Should be in tomorrow. I'm half way through Patriots right now so I'm gonna have to resist starting another book until I finish it.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I ordered "One Second After" from Amazon yesterday. Should be in tomorrow. I'm half way through Patriots right now so I'm gonna have to resist starting another book until I finish it.

Y you has no kindle? U needs a kindle!

That gives me an idea BTW!!!!

I have all these titles on Kindle! We are able to lend our titles to other kindle users. Why don't we organize something here?

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Y you has no kindle? U needs a kindle!

That gives me an idea BTW!!!!

I have all these titles on Kindle! We are able to lend our titles to other kindle users. Why don't we organize something here?

I have the Kindle app on my Samsung tablet. Some books I like to physically have. Besides, it was only a couple of bucks so I added it to an order I was already making. I like the idea of organizing a lending library here. Don't know if I can do it with using just the app and not an actual Kindle.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    didnt know you could trade titles!!! omg

btw, it is kinda funny that a bunch of guys discussing books about emp's etc are opting for the kindle over paperback - i smirked.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    didnt know you could trade titles!!! omg

btw, it is kinda funny that a bunch of guys discussing books about emp's etc are opting for the kindle over paperback - i smirked.

That has crossed my mind before. One thing about prepper fiction though, I find that I have no desire to re-read or refer back to any of them. I do own physical books of different classics like Kipling, Conrad and even the entire Asia Saga (Shogun, Taipan, etc) by Clavell that I will pick up an re-read once every 2-3 years. IOW, I'm preserving the greats for SHTF, not prepper fiction because that is the last thing anyone will ever want to read if the balloon goes up. :rofl:

Seems we have a pretty good following in this thread. If it keeps up, I'm wondering if we should lobby for a subforum in the survival section for just prepper style book reviews and lending. Something to think about.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA

I'm in for something like that...Maybe a separate thread where we could post a list of our lendable titles or something similar?

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    BTW .. One Second After was not released with digital rights.. So it can be downloaded for free from a few places.

If you Google "One Second After PDF" you should get a few hits.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    BTW .. One Second After was not released with digital rights.. So it can be downloaded for free from a few places.

If you Google "One Second After PDF" you should get a few hits.

damn. it.

someone give this guy an infraction for withholding vital information from essential personnel

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    dang it. I go the audio version on audible so i could listen while at work and pickup on the kindle at home.

I didn't pay for it luckily, i just burned my "free first audio download" on it. ah well, free is free I guess.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    Sorry!! Also, the public libraries have it online.. I download all my booms from St Tammany parish Library. Free.

Use the app called Overdrive and your library card to login.

damn. it.

someone give this guy an infraction for withholding vital information from essential personnel

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    http://hesperian.org/books-and-resources/

Where There is No Doctor, Where There is No Dentist and Where Women Have No Doctor and A Book for Midwives are all pretty solid books on basic health, sanitation, building safe toilets, establish safe drinking water supplies, first aid and the like. They also have lists of essential medications, medical equipment and the like. All are free in PDF form or can be purchased in paper from Amazon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom