Preppers Are Crazy !

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    The other day one of my brothers-in-law said, "We're just coming here if the **** hits the fan" (Him, his wife, 2 kids, his brother and his father). I told him that, I have preperations for 3 people, my wife , my mother-in-law (who lives with us) and myself. So, he would have to find someplace else to go or start prepping for his family now.

Thanks for the vid. I seen it was posted on another forum and I didn't take the time to look at it over there.

Al

Slider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    The other day one of my brothers-in-law said, "We're just coming here if the **** hits the fan" (Him, his wife, 2 kids, his brother and his father). I told him that, I have preperations for 3 people, my wife , my mother-in-law (who lives with us) and myself. So, he would have to find someplace else to go or start prepping for his family now.

Thanks for the vid. I seen it was posted on another forum and I didn't take the time to look at it over there.

Al

Exactly!! I love when people who look at you as the "gun guy" at work or the "prepared one" say that, I just roll my eyes and /or explain that they may not even be able to get to my pos, so they should prep them selves and have a solid plan and a backup route. I also offer to help with any questions they have but you'd be surprised at how many don't pursue it further :(

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Exactly!! I love when people who look at you as the "gun guy" at work or the "prepared one" say that, I just roll my eyes and /or explain that they may not even be able to get to my pos, so they should prep them selves and have a solid plan and a backup route. I also offer to help with any questions they have but you'd be surprised at how many don't pursue it further :(

Same

**** on em, i have no family left except living here...don't show up thinking we're gonna be a big happy family while I let interlopers eat my stuff.

But I promise to feel sorry for 'em as they leave.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Yeah...I've had a couple say that they would show up at my house...I just tell them that i'll need a 10K deposit NOW so that i can put in extra store's...I have yet to collect a dime...lol

Al

Gringo Loco

Psalms 37
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    It's funny how perception changes everything. 70 years ago, if you were the person who didn't prepare for whatever may come you would be considered crazy. 100 years ago preparing and keeping a stockpile of supplies was a way of life. Now, everybody wants, and has been accustomed to, a "fast food" lifestyle (myself included). As a result we have lost many of the common sense survival skills as well as the preparedness for whatever may come. We live in a world where anything could possibly happen, from natural disasters (as we've seen with hurricanes, flash floods, tornadoes, earthquakes, etc.) to all sorts of man-made catastrophes. I for one decide to take on the responsibility to always be prepared.

It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Last edited:

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I have a long way to go, but I am trying. What truly amazes me is how few people learned ANYTHING from the events of August 2005. I sometimes ask, what if the govt. didn't show up? What if nobody came to bail you out? What would you do? Most just shrug. Some simply refuse to believe that big bro wont always be there to save them. And some probably know I am right, but still just find it easier to do nothing.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I'm with you Bro..You do know how to make it back to my house if needed ?
    I just spent about 6 bill's here...You may want to look into this...http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG...=1334794208/**http://www.aquaticpharmacy.com/

I have a long way to go, but I am trying. What truly amazes me is how few people learned ANYTHING from the events of August 2005. I sometimes ask, what if the govt. didn't show up? What if nobody came to bail you out? What would you do? Most just shrug. Some simply refuse to believe that big bro wont always be there to save them. And some probably know I am right, but still just find it easier to do nothing.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I have some that I keep on hand. Not as much as you obviously, although I should. It comes in very handy with my dogs, and for me if it came to that. I am giong to save that site. Much cheaper there than where i get mine.

I am pretty sure I could find my way if I had to.

I'm with you Bro..You do know how to make it back to my house if needed ?
    I just spent about 6 bill's here...You may want to look into this...http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG...=1334794208/**http://www.aquaticpharmacy.com/

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Seem's a good place to shop..My stash came in 4 day's...and I hear that soon you will need a written prescription..I would stock a bit more ?

I have some that I keep on hand. Not as much as you obviously, although I should. It comes in very handy with my dogs, and for me if it came to that. I am giong to save that site. Much cheaper there than where i get mine.

I am pretty sure I could find my way if I had to.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I look at prepping like I look at believing in Jesus Christ.

Even if everything we believe and plan for turns out to be wrong, what have we lost?

If, however, we are right... SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!

<Disclaimer: ROFL>

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I'd say indeed he is a sensible guy.

By his standards a lot of folks here are on the verge of indeed being a prepper. Myself included, however just not to the extreme nature some take it.

Like he said. I try and be prepared for a few weeks of self sufficiency. Hurricane, Flooding type stuff, anything else you want to lump in there. It's not hard to put a can here, and extra can there, few boxes of ammo, etc. You'll have a stock pile before long.

If I've learned anything from the DOOMSDAY preppers, It's been the gain in initiative to have a Garden and Fruit Trees etc. Sitting on 40 acres, there's simply no reaosn to not be growing wild Fruits and Veggies.
    Nope, None-uh-tall, any - Justin Wilson ;)

Top Bottom