President Obama continues to astonish me

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I, as others on this forum are, am a proud Marine veteran. It sickens me to see him use our Marines and to
    disrespect Marines by having them hold an umbrella for him. Mr President, hold your own damn umbrella. We
    were taught in boot camp to never carry/use an umbrella in uniform. Only the Commandant can authorize
    it. What next? Can we shine your shoes or carry your groceries in.

The commander in chief of the American armed forces today forced a violation of Marine Corps regulations, so he wouldn’t get wet.

According to Marine Corps regulation MCO P1020.34F of the Marine Corps Uniform Regulations chapter 3, a male Marine is not allowed to carry an umbrella while in uniform. There is no provision in the Marine Corps uniform regulation guidelines that allows a male Marine to carrying an umbrella.

Nevertheless, during a press conference under a light drizzle with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan this morning, President Obama allowed the First Head to be protected from the elements by an umbrella held by a male Marine corporal.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/16/obama-breaches-marine-umbrella-protocol/#ixzz2TUV2U9L2

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    For those who didnt see it:

ap_obama_umbrella_130516_wg.jpg

This boils my blood! :mad:

roooster_11

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    I just saw the same picture on Fox News website, and immediately thought the same exact thing, HOLD YOUR OWN FLIPP'N UMBRELLA. What a POS. I feel sorry for that Marine. As a former Army Paratrooper, I can honestly say that that would have done a hard pill to swallow, having to hold that umbrella. I HATE that turd!!!!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I know you military guys are a proud bunch, but are you really in the very least surprised that this chowder head doesn't understand tradition and codes of honor?

Not belittling the Corps traditions, but this clown doesn't understand the decorum associated with inhabiting the White House itself. He is an alien from another culture. Have you forgotten the beer fest with the ranting racist professor and the cop doing his job?

Nuf said! Don't sweat this!

What does the Corps rules say about declining to serve at the descretion of the; (God this is going to hurt me to think)....Comander in Chief?

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I know you military guys are a proud bunch, but are you really in the very least surprised that this chowder head doesn't understand tradition and codes of honor?

Not belittling the Corps traditions, but this clown doesn't understand the decorum associated with inhabiting the White House itself. He is an alien from another culture. Have you forgotten the beer fest with the ranting racist professor and the cop doing his job?

Nuf said! Don't sweat this!

What does the Corps rules say about declining to serve at the descretion of the; (God this is going to hurt me to think)....Comander in Chief?

He knows exactly what he's doing...

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    You can't expect him to hold his umbrella, he has to have both of his hands free to flail around in order to speak properly.

The only thing worse than standing in the rain without an umbrella is standing there while someone else has there umbrella draining onto your head, and the only thing worse than that is when you are holding that umbrella.

Last edited:

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I, as others on this forum are, am a proud Marine veteran. It sickens me to see him use our Marines and to
    disrespect Marines by having them hold an umbrella for him. Mr President, hold your own damn umbrella. We
    were taught in boot camp to never carry/use an umbrella in uniform. Only the Commandant can authorize
    it. What next? Can we shine your shoes or carry your groceries in.

The commander in chief of the American armed forces today forced a violation of Marine Corps regulations, so he wouldn’t get wet.

According to Marine Corps regulation MCO P1020.34F of the Marine Corps Uniform Regulations chapter 3, a male Marine is not allowed to carry an umbrella while in uniform. There is no provision in the Marine Corps uniform regulation guidelines that allows a male Marine to carrying an umbrella.

Nevertheless, during a press conference under a light drizzle with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan this morning, President Obama allowed the First Head to be protected from the elements by an umbrella held by a male Marine corporal.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/16/obama-breaches-marine-umbrella-protocol/#ixzz2TUV2U9L2

Guaranteed he knows the uniform code better than most.. Hell I believe he had a Marine holding an umbrella over the head of the Turk prime minister too.. This is no Faux Pas gentlemen... This is what he thinks of the presidents own.

Top Bottom