Previous employers and back pay ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I have just under 3K in expenses, mileage, perdiem, hotels etc. that is owed to me. These were submitted on July 20th and I was terminated on Aug.4th.

How long can they yank my chain and not pay me ? Who do I go to about it if anyone ?

Of course I'm getting no love from them now. They think if they **** me off I'll just walk away. I've seen them do it before.

crazy white boy

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    St. Charles Parish Hahnville
    Pay

Lay off terminated or whatever the cause they are required if I am not mistaken to have you all of your money whenever the next payroll run. Now if they pay on the 1st or 15th or whatever the case you were due your money on the next payroll run. Do you have a copy of your expense report and receipts to back yourself up or did you give them the original? Then it is there word against yours for what you had............

jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Lay off terminated or whatever the cause they are required if I am not mistaken to have you all of your money whenever the next payroll run.

This.

http://www.laworks.net/faqs/FAQ_LouisianaLaborLaws.asp#answer_4

Final Paycheck
    Louisiana employees who are laid off, fired, or who quit must be paid their wages in full at the next regular payday, not to exceed 15 days from the date of their discharge or termination. Wages include vacation time earned by the employee. An employee should send a written demand for payment of their final wages to their employer. After receipt of a written demand, the employer must pay all wages owed to the employee on a timely basis or be subject to a penalty that may be imposed by a court. Claims against an employer for late payment may be filed by way of a private lawsuit. The Louisiana Workforce Commission does not have the authority to enforce this law. You may review this law at (R.S. 23:631) - (R.S. 23:632).

I would contact the labor board.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    What he listed doesnt appear to me to come from payroll, so where does that leave him. If I was a prick I was say the above law doesnt apply to what he is owed.

I dont know your answer Todd, did they cut you a last paycheck?

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    What he listed doesnt appear to me to come from payroll, so where does that leave him. If I was a prick I was say the above law doesnt apply to what he is owed.

I dont know your answer Todd, did they cut you a last paycheck?

This.

This was not my normal pay but expenses that were paid out weekly

Yes Tim, you bet they cut me a check.
    After threatening to deduct from my pay for crap that was sitting on a desk right in front of the one who I was supposed to give it to. But they wouldn't know that because they just send emails and can't dial a phone ! lol

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Actually they are supposed to have this ready on the termination date or within 72 hours of termination. You may also be subject to whatever the terms were for the company when you worked for them. Most have a 30 day internal turnaround on expense reports and you get them based on the pay cycle but...They can also make your life miserable by kicking it back to you for corrections or clarification.

I fought a similar fight before and learned quickly to get my money before raising too much hell.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Where I work pay is direct deposits and accounting cuts live checks for travel, meals etc... and it is when they get to it which I have seen 2 days to 3 weeks which isnt based on pay periods.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    They can also make your life miserable by kicking it back to you for corrections or clarification.

Funny you should say that. These were approved once already (according to HR) Then they were kicked back for corrections. I have submitted them twice because they lost them
    They are now trying to change the amount of mileage on my reports after the fact. But they can't get to it for another week because their system is down, :rofl:

I'll be calling some folks Thursday

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    My HR's opinion is that you wont see this money. Said the only laws they are aware are for Payroll and Vacation, that you should just keep bugging them and might have to claim it on your taxes as work related expenses.:(

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    My HR's opinion is that you wont see this money. Said the only laws they are aware are for Payroll and Vacation, that you should just keep bugging them and might have to claim it on your taxes as work related expenses.:(

Well if thats what I have to do. Waiting on a return call from the State.

Thanks Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom