price to shoot the LA Gator match

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jps231

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Mike,no need for such a hostile response. I just asked for explanation for the price increase. It has gone up 40.00 in two years. I am not accusing anyone of making money. I know this a volunteer sport. Your personal feelings aside an increase like this could make it cost prohibitive for many of the loyal shooters.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Back in the early '90's, i shot Area 4 in Texarcana Texas. It was a "prize table" match. After fuel, food, and hotel I came home to make payments on my visa card. I still cary the Spyderco knife that I won almost every day. BUT I had a damn good time with some great folks. That is something I can't put a price on.
    Questioning the cost on an open forum won't get any answers. And I really don't blame Mike for his defensive attitude

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    And here it is
    fs0735k3oll1zpsy04p.jpg

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I finished 8th in production last year and got no where near the value of my entry fee. Maybe I'm in the wrong division.

I hate jumping on the band wagon but ................ The prizes last year sucked. I got better prizes when I came in dead last. Thought it was odd that, that was even possible since the prize table was 3 times bigger than the year before.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I hate jumping on the band wagon but ................ The prizes last year sucked. I got better prizes when I came in dead last. Thought it was odd that, that was even possible since the prize table was 3 times bigger than the year before.

That's cause the first hit is free, bro. Once you're hooked, they don't have to give you anything!

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Yoda voice on:

"Prizes a match does not make. The shooting matters only itself it does."

Yoda voice off.

kajunprepper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Convent LA
    I don't see anyone bitching about the $17/match that is asked for to shoot the monthly matches in Thibodaux. These good people that conduct the match commit to this year round. I hope they DO have extra money in the kitty to keep the cost of having a SUPER facility with multiple bays available for us to shoot on a regular basis. Believe me if anyone thinks the range owner is making money by closing his bays on weekends for us to shoot while his local customers wait for us to finish is fooling themselves.

So let me speak for MANY who say Thank You to the MD's, committee's and staff who devote their time for us to enjoy our sport.

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Actually Woody every time a price changes folks fuss. It's easy to complain if you don't run anything or if you don't know where the money is going. Shooting is EXPENSIVE, and prize tables cost a lot of money. I'm positive that's what the money is for, it's may only a problem for a few, but it's a free country and people can say whatever they like, but unfortunately it was brought on by shooter greed. To me it's a non-issue, not important at all. Those folks do great work at a hard job, and are going on previous feedback from the year before, that's what is always done. I'm positive it will be a great match as always.
    If people don't like it they can voice by not sending a check in. If attendance drops the match staff will know why.

JayDubU

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Slidell, LA
    If the price increase to the Gator Classic allows newcomers to the sport to be able to shoot the Gator Classic for the first time then ..... Yay!!! My Application is coming. Hopefully all the naysayers don't change their minds just yet. Please wait another week or so.

Top Bottom