Prior Arrest and CCW Permit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    You can always call and speak with them, or you can take your chances. You can also try and lookup you police record and see what shows. Rules state that even with charges dropped, you must state it and provide certified court minutes. If you try and are unable to obtain proof that it happened, then it did not happen. (I did see this happen).

I think I got it .......... you saw something happen that didn't happen ?:D

bayoutrigger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Alexandria, La.
    LRS 44:9(I)

Except to those agencies listed in Subsection G of this Section, no person whose record of arrest and conviction has been expunged pursuant to the provisions of this Section shall be required to disclose that he was arrested or convicted for the subject offense or that the record of the arrest and conviction has been expunged, unless otherwise provided in this Section.[/QUOTE]

This language is very clear. However, in practice somebody who fails to disclose and is denied will have to go to court to enforce these provisions.

ReilleysMom32

Drunkie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    NOLA
    What part of NJ? I grew up there and I know a lot of people in the court system. And what were you arrested for in the first place?

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    what were you arrested for in the first place?[/QUOTE said:
    LOL Reilley's Mom, would you believe possession of a handgun, in Paulsboro. Gloucester County. That's the place downstate with the horse and buggy races and the wrestling school. And, of course, The Starting Gate, one of the more infamous truck stop bars in the nation. Great back road run (I-91?) to and from NYC to avoid the Jersey Turnpike. Back in those days, mid-80's, one did not venture into the greater Miami area without a piece. Hell, I didn't know anything about gun restrictions. One cop asked me, "You got a permit for this?" I almost crooked my trigger finger and said, "Yeah, right here." I never would have gotten out of the slammer. South Jersey was a great place then, far from the maddening crowds.

ReilleysMom32

Drunkie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    NOLA
    LOL Reilley's Mom, would you believe possession of a handgun, in Paulsboro. Gloucester County. That's the place downstate with the horse and buggy races and the wrestling school. And, of course, The Starting Gate, one of the more infamous truck stop bars in the nation. Great back road run (I-91?) to and from NYC to avoid the Jersey Turnpike. Back in those days, mid-80's, one did not venture into the greater Miami area without a piece. Hell, I didn't know anything about gun restrictions. One cop asked me, "You got a permit for this?" I almost crooked my trigger finger and said, "Yeah, right here." I never would have gotten out of the slammer. South Jersey was a great place then, far from the maddening crowds.
    Christ, you've gotta be kidding me. Of all places, in ******* Paulsboro.

Anyways, was it a local or a state trooper? Local records shouldn't be hard to obtain; state police might be a different matter. Also, just call the LSP to ask them about it. I think as long as you have documentation and court/jail papers concerning the nature of the arrest (and as long as it's not related to an assault/battery/abuse charge) considering you lose your guns in a restraining order situation, you should be ok. They are more focused on keeping permits out of the hands of people with actual records.

FACT: my father was denied purchasing a shotgun in PA because he was pulled over and put in jail for three hours for possession of marijuana and fireworks with empty beer cans in my uncle's car. My dad was a passenger and not doing anything but driving with him at the time. Any other time he tries to buy a gun anywhere else, they laugh it off and let him purchase the gun. Just goes to show how much Jersey sucks in keeping things on your record.

BTW I grew up in good ol' Sussex County. Wrestling team at my high school was number one in North 1, Group 2 9 years running.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom