Private Handgun Sales

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

Still there.

If "they" are federal agents with the resources of the federal law enforcement agencies, it doesn't really matter....

I've personally talked to both the FBI and the ATF on numerous occasions due to people doing stupid **** on this forum. In all instances, they already knew the name, DOB, address, phone number, and email address of the parties in question. And these weren't folks who broadcasted who they were on there. That being said, it's really not too difficult to figure out who most folks are with a little digging.

Anyway, as I've said before - I do this for free - so I'd really like to not have to spend my time talking to the FBI/ATF. It'd be a lot easier if people just played by the rules and also weren't dicks.
    I totally agree with everything you’ve said really but it gets hard to follow the rules at times when they are constantly changing them. I have an active presence on here so I’d like to think I stay pretty informed. Just a few weeks ago I was thinking of maybe selling a couple of guns out of my personal collection. Came here and the first thing I see is the new rule change posted about private sales and all of the confusion and complication that goes along with it.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I totally agree with everything you’ve said really but it gets hard to follow the rules at times when they are constantly changing them. I have an active presence on here so I’d like to think I stay pretty informed. Just a few weeks ago I was thinking of maybe selling a couple of guns out of my personal collection. Came here and the first thing I see is the new rule change posted about private sales and all of the confusion and complication that goes along with it.
    Wait, rule change posted about private sales?

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Wait, rule change posted about private sales?
    The new AFT rule about engaging in the business. Man, if you haven’t read that one yet give it a read. It’s about what you’d expect at this point. Complete and utter GARBAGE.

Edit: my phone auto corrected ATF to AFT. Even Siri can’t stand Biden and his ATF anymore. Please don’t shoot my dog. I’m a good man. It’s just a joke.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The new AFT rule about engaging in the business. Man, if you haven’t read that one yet give it a read. It’s about what you’d expect at this point. Complete and utter GARBAGE.

Edit: my phone auto corrected ATF to AFT. Even Siri can’t stand Biden and his ATF anymore. Please don’t shoot my dog. I’m a good man. It’s just a joke.
    lol, so hard to reflect sarcasm online.
    Private sales are private though…

Law

Rule

Policy

It’s good to know your definitions people.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I always meet up at a bank parking lot during the day and my Wife brings her Mossberg 500SP to provide cover for the deal. She goes into overwatch mode insuring our safety and doesn't get back into the car until we(buyer and seller) are both ready to drive off.
    There was one time when a buyer refused to do a bill of sale after an agreement to do so via text. My Wife fired her shotgun at him after which I said, "That one was just a shell with a primer, a blank if you will, the next one will be buckshot!" He then signed the BOS and my Wife told him, "If you post negative feedback, I will find you!"

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    There was one time when a buyer refused to do a bill of sale after an agreement to do so via text. My Wife fired her shotgun at him after which I said, "That one was just a shell with a primer, a blank if you will, the next one will be buckshot!" He then signed the BOS and my Wife told him, "If you post negative feedback, I will find you!"
    And what if he would have shot back? Hopefully, you are exaggerating what happened. That's a big overreaction to not wanting to do a bill of sale, previously agreed to or not. Not to mention illegal.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    And what if he would have shot back? Hopefully, you are exaggerating what happened. That's a big overreaction to not wanting to do a bill of sale, previously agreed to or not. Not to mention illegal.
    As much as I hated to put my John Hancock on that document, his wife is pretty intimidating with a shotgun.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Were you on the whale on your old account?

Remind me...what was the name of the guy who founded it? I absolutely cannot remember and it's irking me lol

MCInfantry on BOW. A friend of a friend brought him out to our tailgate party at an LSU football game about a decade or so years ago. He is a gifted photographer by hobby and took a great pic of my sister and my wife against the lighted LSU lettering and the upper west side of the stadium at distance. He gave me a 6 month free access account to BOW. To me, the dual sport riders forum was the most interesting, as I was looking for one at the time. My wife said no, the forum died, and I lost interest. Something like that, in sort of that order.

Not gonna post real names.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    MCInfantry on BOW. A friend of a friend brought him out to our tailgate party at an LSU football game about a decade or so years ago. He is a gifted photographer by hobby and took a great pic of my sister and my wife against the lighted LSU lettering and the upper west side of the stadium at distance. He gave me a 6 month free access account to BOW. To me, the dual sport riders forum was the most interesting, as I was looking for one at the time. My wife said no, the forum died, and I lost interest. Something like that, in sort of that order.

Not gonna post real names.
    DSRL. We still hang together and have an annual campout every spring. Great group of guys.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    GunRelated was ok with it. He had a good laugh and left positive feedback about how funny it was.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom