Private Range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The Parish Council passes Ordinances and will know them better than most Deputies at the Sheriff's Office.

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Not sure about Lafourche but on Bull Run, we have never had issues with shooting. There are multiple "ranges" setup and no problems. We are outside of city ordinances and parish ordinances say no discharge within 300' of a home or within a subdivision.

All I can find for Lafourche, is that you can't discharge a firearm within 300' of a home in District 8, shoot waterfowl within 500' of a home or discharge a firearm on a parish road or property. If you are within city limits, city ordinances would apply. If not, as long as you're not endangering anyone and the neighbors don't call the police you should be fine IMO.

Last edited:

tintmasters

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Thibodaux / Houma
    Not sure about Lafourche but on Bull Run, we have never had issues with shooting. There are multiple "ranges" setup and no problems. We are outside of city ordinances and parish ordinances say no discharge within 300' of a home or within a subdivision.

All I can find for Lafourche, is that you can't discharge a firearm within 300' of a home in District 8, shoot waterfowl within 500' of a home or discharge a firearm on a parish road or property. If you are within city limits, city ordinances would apply. If not, as long as you're not endangering anyone and the neighbors don't call the police you should be fine IMO.

Yes this would be outside the city limits. Once I get started on this I dont want to stop! I guess I could alway make it indoors!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom