Privi Partizan

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Anyone ever shot this stuff? It says its M193, but I'm skeptical about the quality since its manufactured in Serbia.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I've burned through ~1000rds of the M193, and 500rds of the M855 with zero problems. I personally couldn't tell a difference between it and Federal XM193, other than the $100 I saved per case.

Jimbeaux82

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Natchitoches, LA
    No worres about the "quality" of the PPI ammo. I have shot quite a lot of it in both pistol and rifle calibers. However, in several of the hunting rifle calibers I have shot, the velocities have definitely been on the slow side.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Its pretty good stuff. I think someone on AR-15.com or box of truth did detailed testing of the Privi andound that it met all of the specs and requirements of M193.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    PP makes the brass cased ammo sold at Academy under the Monarch name. I've shot quite a bit of it and had zero problems.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    It's generally GTG stuff, although several report it to be a bit on the "weak and dirty" side. IIRC, the 55 grain pills were boat tailed, but with no cannelure.

If you're super unlucky, it's possible to run into tolerance stacking issues. Specifically, a chamber that's on the tight side of spec and this ammo, which is on the "big side", and you could get some feeding or even pressure issues.

The M855 gave lots of people problems around 2007-08, but I'm not sure if that's been corrected or not. It'd be wise to get a couple hundred to test before you went crazy on several cases, just to be sure.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Anyone ever shot this stuff? It says its M193, but I'm skeptical about the quality since its manufactured in Serbia.

PPU M193 does not fragment as readily as Federal M193. It is a consistent, accurate, clean, reliable ammunition, though. Shoot with confidence.

Top Bottom