Pro-gun rights Milwaukee sheriff: 'Bloomberg made a huge miscalculation'

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I like this guy! Not only does he get Bloomberg to **** away $150,000 but also has the balls to say that the Mayor in Milwaukee, (his boss) is doing a horrible job.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/14/pro-gun-milwaukee-sheriff-bloomberg-made-huge-miscalculation/?intcmp=latestnews

Fresh off his victory in Wednesday's primary, pro-gun rights incumbent sheriff of Milwaukee County, David Clarke, Jr. appeared on Fox News' "Fox & Friends" to fire back at former New York City mayor and gun control advocate Michael Bloomberg.

Bloomberg's Independence USA super PAC spent $150,000 to air a series of television ads targeting Clarke's conservative pro-gun policies. But according to Clarke, Bloomberg's efforts to influence the election backfired.

"He came in and thought he could spread a few hundred thousand dollars around to take a prized catch away that he could march around the country with in his failed crusade -- his anti-gun crusade -- and he could hold me up as an example of what might happen to others if they don't get on board with him," Clarke said. "But that didn't work here. The public was actually turned off by it."

Clarke made headlines in 2013 for a radio ad that urged citizens to enroll in firearms classes following budget cuts. The National Rifle Association labelled Clarke a "rising national star," and solicited donations from its members on his behalf, buying online ads for his re-election bid.

Bloomberg spokesman Howard Wolfson told the Wall Street Journal on Monday that he decided to get involved in the sheriff's race because it allowed him to shape policy on a local level.

"Mayor Bloomberg made a huge miscalculation," Clarke said. "He didn't understand the political climate on the ground here in Milwaukee County. I have a lot of support for my position on support for the Second Amendment, for people to be able to defend themselves and the pro-gun movement."

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Clarke is great! This man doesn't mind putting himself on the line for his beliefs- and stands up for the rights of the people he serves. They are very lucky to have him.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Oh, man, that was a good interview. I wish more politicians were capable of his level of rational thought and expressiveness.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I agree with you guys about him. We just have to be careful not to sound like this....

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man." - Joe Biden

Lol

ejt1469

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    He won the primary. His boss is the people of the county that elected him, not the mayor of a city in the county.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom