Probably a stupid question but

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loewermx

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Alexandria, La
    I know you cannot carry in a school zone but does a daycare fall in that catagory? Also, whats the status of the carry in churches. Reason I ask is that my son's daycare is in a church.

I don't carry when I am there but its a pain in the butt to have to disarm everytime.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Daycare is not a school under the statute. I didn't read the church preclusion closely, but it may be only the church itself (house of worship) rather than the church property. Take a look at the statute.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Ask a question and you're ignorant for a minute, don't, and you could be ignorant for the rest of your life.

:thumbsup:

I don't know if I heard that before or if I made it up, or what, but I never could find the author so .....

Last edited:

loewermx

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Alexandria, La
    Found the law reguarding the school and does not sound as if a daycare applies. Now, how would I find out if it is just the actual church or the whole property?

Last edited:

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The Statute states that a person carrying a concealed hand gun in a "Place of Worship" such as a Church, Synagogue, Mosk, ect... is in direct violation of the law. Unless that person acquires written consent from the leaders of the establishment requesting such. In the definitions of the statute, a" Place of Worship" consists of a "Sanctuary" or "Building" which is occupied by two or more for the express purpose of religious activity.

Woods

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    My understanding was that something was in the works to allow CC in churches and the like when given written permission... not that it had passed and been signed into law.

Did that happen recently?

loewermx

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Alexandria, La
    Who should I call that can tell me exactly how to interpret this law? I may run by the state police building here in Alexandria to see if they can tell me.

Top Bottom