Profanity legal?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    On a check in the "For" blank? Someone pissed me off in apartment management and I am considering sinking to their level. Is it legal to write profanity there, as long as no libel or threats are used?

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    When I had roomates we took turns sending the check to the landlord so two of us would have to give a check to the third person every month. It was a contest to see who could come up with the most vile and terrible things to write there. Every 3 months I had a very embarrasing trip to the bank.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    When I had roomates we took turns sending the check to the landlord so two of us would have to give a check to the third person every month. It was a contest to see who could come up with the most vile and terrible things to write there. Every 3 months I had a very embarrasing trip to the bank.
    I plan on being very rough with it, just no threats or libel are the only limits I am not crossing.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    We all paid one of roomates in college and he wrote the check to the landlord. He had a very very very long nickname that took up the entire "pay to the order of" section, even writing as small as possible. And then there was the memo section with many many many different ways of sexual favors. We thought it was funny, no one at the bank said anything ever.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    grow up man.....youre 25 years old and youre asking a bunch of guys you dont know on an online forum permission to use profanity on a check. do a little self evaluation.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    grow up man.....youre 25 years old and youre asking a bunch of guys you dont know on an online forum permission to use profanity on a check. do a little self evaluation.

You're right. After a bit of sleep, I think I'll pass on the check. It's weak, and passive-aggressive. A more direct approach would be much better, if necessary. Thanks for the reality check :cool:

My initial thought was that if I made the check as profane as possible, there was a small chance it may not be cashed. Probably not likely, though, but that is where I was going with it.

Last edited:

BRMedic

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Henderson, CO
    Well I do know that the state police dont accept "sexual favors" on a check for their driving course (a retarded friend did this not me).

Top Bottom