Progress!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Just measured my waist and have removed about 1" in the last month and a half. Stoked about that. Anyone else have some positive stuff to share?

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    I started eating right and exercising on June 26th. So far I've dropped about eighteen pounds. Hoping to lose about fifty more. Now that I've been doing it for a while it's much easier. I feel much better health/energy wise and also feel better about myself. I was way too unhealthy/unfit for my age. I'm glad I finally told myself enough is enough. Congrats on your progress!

Last edited:

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    This January I said that's it and got the insanity program and started it up. I had tried in the past to limit myself to one glass of sweet tea at a restaurant, my job had me on the road all the time and so I had to eat out all the time, but I had slowly stopped limiting myself. My old job was a little more labor intensive than my new one and I noticed my pants start to fit a little tighter. So I started insanity and pretty much dropped sugary drinks and just drank water. Now if I do have a sugary drink, I limit it to one glass a day. I didn't quite make it all the way through insanity due to getting busy but am going to start again next Monday.

So far I am down 30 pounds from 270 to 240. I had originally told myself I wanted to get to 250 by mid year and maybe 225 by the end but I may be able to break that if I can get back on insanity and on my bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    That's awesome guys! I have started heavy weights again and have put on a couple pounds of muscle in the past month and look forward to adding about 15 more!!

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    The wife started a program to lose the baby weight before our vacation in october. (baby born in march). she was 140 last year, had baby at 216. I told her if she was gunna do it i'd might as well hop on wagon as well...

Shes down to 175 and I'm down 216 to 204. (shes kicking my ass, i know)

Glad to see all these guys sheddin weight/buildin muscle etc. keep up the good work fellas.

FYI shes doing the insanity thing at home, I'm hitting gym about 4 days a week for an hour or so. we stick to lean proteins and veggies, no fried or carby stuff ...maybe once on weekends. Cut the booze/fast food/junk 100%.

Last edited:

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Ran a marathon at the end of February. I was about 150#. I hit the weights as hard as I could after that and cut out the running. Up to 170# now, with probably 5 or so lbs of fat that I need to lose, but I'm not in a rush (calories are too delicious. I love calories).

Seeing results is awesome! :hi5:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Ran a marathon at the end of February. I was about 150#. I hit the weights as hard as I could after that and cut out the running. Up to 170# now, with probably 5 or so lbs of fat that I need to lose, but I'm not in a rush (calories are too delicious. I love calories).

Seeing results is awesome! :hi5:

way to go! i stopped the marathon thing a few years ago. these guns run from nothin. :naughty:

edit: guess that has 2 meanings on this forum. take it as you will

Turn Key

Stuck up North
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great topic JWG223, I started eating using the Paleo way in February and have gone from 244 to 209.

The basics with Paleo is about just eating meats poultry and fish and nuts/seeds for your proteins. Fruits and vegetables of your choices and cutting out breads starch and flour products.

There is a wealth of web site & blogs on Paleo and the fact I had this success w/o exercise astound me.

TK

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Great topic JWG223, I started eating using the Paleo way in February and have gone from 244 to 209.

The basics with Paleo is about just eating meats poultry and fish and nuts/seeds for your proteins. Fruits and vegetables of your choices and cutting out breads starch and flour products.

There is a wealth of web site & blogs on Paleo and the fact I had this success w/o exercise astound me.

TK
    I've had good success since I went paleo, as well.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I started doing weighted pullups Thursday of this week. First time adding weight in over two years. I got to where I could do 20 pullups easily without weights, so I added 25 pounds in a backpack and now am back to the 8-12 rep count. Three weeks of 25 pounds and I will probably start bumping the weight up 5 pounds a week. Anyone else do weighted pullups?

Golden-Eagle

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Mandeville
    I hurt by back hauling trees out of the yard after Isaac and ended up with a trip to the Hospital. They took my blood pressure and lost it on me for extreme high blood pressure. It was stroke material. I had never had high blood pressure in the past and had not checked it in quite a while. Blood tests and Meds for high blood pressure and cholesterol corrected the BP. I have lost 60 pounds since late September. I have always been active and chalked to excess baggage on old age. I've never been a dessert or sugar drink guy. The trip to the Hospital likely saved my life. My weight is steadily coming down to my old playing weight.

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Since February I have lost 65 pounds. My wife and I quit eating fast food and quit drinking Diet Coke. We eat Paleo about 80% of the time and we are very careful about what we eat and it's effects on us. In April we started going to Crossfit. Now I go 4x a week and she goes 3x a week. Together we have lost a total of 120 lbs. It's strange how I can feel and notice my body changing. Definitely know that I am getting stronger by the amount of weight I use during WODs. I am down 4 or 5 pants sizes depending on the manufacturer. I was wearing 3XL shirts and now I am wearing 2XL and in some cases XL.

Anyone else do weighted pullups?

I can't do a pull up yet but I am getting close. I need to lose some more tonnage first.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I can't do a pull up yet but I am getting close. I need to lose some more tonnage first.
    Try putting a chair in front of you and using your feet a little bit. My dad does those and can do probably 15 now.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I started doing weighted pullups Thursday of this week. First time adding weight in over two years. I got to where I could do 20 pullups easily without weights, so I added 25 pounds in a backpack and now am back to the 8-12 rep count. Three weeks of 25 pounds and I will probably start bumping the weight up 5 pounds a week. Anyone else do weighted pullups?
    I used to use a 25# plate but now my pullups are in conjunction with cardio and pushups and I'm not there yet.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I love seeing all this weight loss. Prevention is so much the better cure! Good on everyone! I think obesity is the most dangerous and costly disease in America today its also almost always 100% preventable and or curable, thankfully!

Top Bottom