Proposed N.O. Ordinance. These people are nuts.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    IF something like that were to pass , then the people of New Orleans deserve what they get . If you elect stupid , you get stupid results . I can't imagine people complying with a law like that anyway .

SKIPP3RLANDRY

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I agree. Its time to stop protecting people from themselves. NO is lost - face it.

Let them just run it into oblivion.

I respect what the SPCA as an organization does to help animals. P.E.T.A? BURN IN HELL! But I doubt from what I have seen (and I have been wrong before) the SPCA initiated this. They look like just the easiest medium to run this seeing they handle so many animals that are not being properly managed by humans (owners.)

I fault citizens for being lazy and irresponsible and SELFISH in their treatment, or lack of in handling animals.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Good ordinance, hope it passes.

Homeless dogs and cats and feral ones are over running most communities.

Irresponsible pet owners are the cause.

I could be misremembering. I could have sworn you used to be a cool poster. It has gotten to the point now that your posts seem to either be the mark of a persistent troll or just a complete statist tool. I can only hope for the former, because it would be a shame for anyone to really believe the things you have been posting lately. No offense, but c'mon.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Good ordinance, hope it passes.

Homeless dogs and cats and feral ones are over running most communities.

Irresponsible pet owners are the cause.

I disagree. I'm a responsible dog owner and spayed my German Sherpard before she went into heat. It was my choice. My dog resides in a fenced yard and no other dogs have access to it. I do not need the government dictating to me what I have to do to my dog. Have the city pick up the strays and have them adopted/euphanized. My neighbor rescued a post Katrina dog. If a feral stray becomes a problem around my residence I can handle it myself.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    He has had some off the wall ideas lately, but he isn't too far off on this one. IMO it is mostly the cats though. I don't see a problem with doing this with cats because they are the ones that primarily roam the streets and have babies like it is their job. Most dogs at least stay in yards for the most part and are not allowed to run free like cats. Plus, how many people breed cats anyway?

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    You're right, too many "feral" people running loose. But we have been involved for 4 years with an animal rescue group and it is so saddening to see how many dumped, homeless dogs and cats there are out there and how hungry and in poor health there are.

Our little group of 5 has rescued, saved, spayed and neutered, and found responsible homes for over 1700 dogs and cats.

What is so depressing is it seems like we can't catch up.

I hate regulations as much as anyone but this is so far out-of-hand. I don't know if there is a workable answer out there.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    You're right, too many "feral" people running loose. But we have been involved for 4 years with an animal rescue group and it is so saddening to see how many dumped, homeless dogs and cats there are out there and how hungry and in poor health there are.

Our little group of 5 has rescued, saved, spayed and neutered, and found responsible homes for over 1700 dogs and cats.

What is so depressing is it seems like we can't catch up.

I hate regulations as much as anyone but this is so far out-of-hand. I don't know if there is a workable answer out there.

Responsible people are going to do the right thing anyway. My hesitance to agree with such legislation is irresponsible people aren't gonna follow the law anyway. Kinda like criminals and gun laws. Thanks for your service and efforts. BTW - We rescued a Bordercollie/lab mix that showed up at the house about two years ago. I think she was abused because she trusts no males.

Last edited:

bulldog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Ruston
    It should read that all pets allowed to run free are to be spayed or neutered. If you keep your pet contained (ie...fenced in back yard, pen or in your house) then you should not have to spay or neuter your pet.

I for one am tired of picking up dumped dogs and puppies of those dumped dogs. If they were spayed or neutered, then at least they would not be contributing to the dumped dogs/cats.

I help 4Paws Rescue, Inc. in Ruston, and I see too many animals that are dumped and abandoned. The Ouachita Animal Shelter alone put to sleep over 900 dogs/cats this year alone.
    Also, have your pet micro chipped, and have a collar with your contact info on your pet. Too many we get are lost pets, and could be returned to their owner.
    Bulldog...

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Most responsible pet owners already spay or nuter their pets. The problem is all of the irrisponsible people who just allow their pets to to multiply and roam the streets all the time. After a while the problem becomes so bad that laws like this look like a good way to curb the problem.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    It should read that all pets allowed to run free are to be spayed or neutered. If you keep your pet contained (ie...fenced in back yard, pen or in your house) then you should not have to spay or neuter your pet.

I for one am tired of picking up dumped dogs and puppies of those dumped dogs. If they were spayed or neutered, then at least they would not be contributing to the dumped dogs/cats.

I help 4Paws Rescue, Inc. in Ruston, and I see too many animals that are dumped and abandoned. The Ouachita Animal Shelter alone put to sleep over 900 dogs/cats this year alone.
    Also, have your pet micro chipped, and have a collar with your contact info on your pet. Too many we get are lost pets, and could be returned to their owner.
    Bulldog...

I agree exactly. The local 4Paws is a great group. We currently have one of our "up for adoption dogs" boarded with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom