Protecting Property...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    So........would you shoot over that principle that U work for what U get and don't allow anyone to steal it ??

Jest one Dawgs opinion

Or the principle that someone is not only stealing what I work for, but they are stealing from my home where my family is while my family is home...

Principles are more valuable than assets or burdens.

L

Louisiana Shooter

In the early 90's, my truck was burglarized twice. They didn't take anything the first time and I called EBRSO to get the incident on record. Three detectives came out and told me to get a pager alarm so I could call the police while they were in the truck. I told them that the next call they would probably get would be for them to come and pick up the bodies from my driveway. They said "you don't want to shoot them". I responded "who doesn't??"... About a week later, I attempted to arm my alarm, and it wouldn't arm. I proceeded to my driveway and noticed my truck door open and 2 guys running across the street with all of my stuff. I was on the phone with my GF and I told her to call 911 and report the burglary. I then grabbed my .45 and took off after them. I arrived at the front of their car right after they entered it. I stood in front of the car and was holding them at gunpoint when the driver started the car. I fired 1 warning shot. The driver put the car in gear and proceeded to drive over me to get away. I dove to the side and while falling and the car driving past, I commenced to depositing large quantities of lead into the car. They drove off, probably feeling a draft in the cockpit of their newly remodeled Toyota Celica. The same detectives responded and when they got out of their car they asked, "well, did you get'em", and then laughed about it. I was never taken into custody, my weapon wasn't taken and I never went to the station. I personally believe I was wrong in my actions because I put myself in harms way. Yes, I told the detectives that they tried to run over me and I was defending myself, but the fact remains that they couldn't have run over me if I wouldn't have parked my DA in front of their car. Had I killed one of them, I believe I would have been arrested and prosecuted. I doubt I would have been convicted by a jury of my peers, but I don't have any personal possessions that I would be willing to trade for an intimate relationship with a well hung 6'5" thug in the joint. My CHP instructor also told me I shouldn't have engaged them...but I couldn't resist.

Just my 2 cents.

Excellent analysis.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Not gonna chime in on the legal advice, but wasn't there a case recently with the old man and the shotgun on the phone with 911 who went outside and shot the two guys as they were fleeing robbing his neighbors home? The whole time 911 was telling him do not go outside?

it was his neighbor's house.

L

Louisiana Shooter

it was his neighbor's house.

And it was Texas. While Louisiana's laws tend to allow for adequate self-defense, just like Texas; our laws are not identical and one would be well served to train in a manner that corresponds with actions proven to be lawful in Louisiana.

Mwill75

Tinfoil Fitted
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    New Orleans Area
    it all come's down to what a "reasonable" person would do in that situation.

I believe someone raised the scenario of going on a racist tirade in the middle of a predominately black area and waiting for someone to punch you in the mouth then shoot them. No matter how much some people here may want to do this, the self defense case is rarely won by the aggressor. The only way you could not make yourself the aggressor in the this case is if you apologized to everyone, ran to your car and drove away very fast. If someone followed you, you may have a chance.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Its just a question. I carry a flashlight, pepper spray, a knife, and a gun every day...and I hope to never have to use any of them, except that flashlight b/c its fun.

BTW, the steak thieves are some college frat boys. I wouldn't kill them but I might want to kick their ****ing teeth out.

A weapon for every threat level.

Flashlight = very low threat
    Pepper spray = Low threat
    Knife = Medium threat
    Gun = High threat
    Gun + Fresh underwear = Very high threat
    :rofl:

Top Bottom