Proud Papa Boast

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    My boy had his belt test today for his Blue Belt in Wado Shiho Kai Karate. His Dojo doesn't test very often (which I am in favor of as my Dojo back in the day was a belt mill).

Anyway, he's been very focused and disciplined each and every time he enters his Dojo and it shows.

Isaiahoutsidemiddleblock_zps40c33d9d.jpg

Isaiahfrontkick_zps95c836fb.jpg

IsaiahsparingwithNoah2_zps16b0b9d2.jpg

This was a VERY nice roundhouse kick from his opponent and he blocked/avoided it easily... I was impressed.
    IsaiahsparingwithNoah_zpsf57cfc77.jpg

His Shihan and Sensei have been singing his praises for months and today they rewarded him for his diligence.

They tested him for Blue Belt... then they decided to test him for Green Belt and he was awarded his Green Belt. As Shihan alluded to in the video, we too would like to acknowledge and thank Ms. Robin (a young lady who is a student and an assistant instructor) for working with Isaiah to facilitate this accomplishment. His example for his prospective sister (the four year old foster child we may be able to adopt) has been a positive one. She has declared that she wants to take Karate as well and Shihan has agreed to give her a shot (even at four and a half years old). She begins this coming Tuesday on a trial membership.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Thanks y'all. The first few months it was really just entertaining to watch these young kids... but as time has passed and they begin to understand what they're doing and more importantly WHY they're doing it, watching those little ones has become an inspiration.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom