PSA Torture Test Video

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparkymgc

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    I watched that video yesterday. That guy has always been a bit of a snob. If I was PSA I would send him a thank you. You should read the comments on the video, I saw plenty of people suddenly more interested in PSA than before. Considering I could buy two complete ARs for a gucci AR (not slamming high end ARs) and have just as much fun for me and my shooting style - I was impressed with its durability.

Rodog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2022
    Metairie
    1709909424800.png

I do not own any psa rifles my stuff is bcm bushmaster and aero but I think this is funny.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I watched the video. I believe the outcome wasn't a huge surprise for most people. PSA AR's aren't as good as top tier rifles like
    Knight's Armament but they do have value as an entry level budget rifle.
    Let's be honest - most "name brand" entry-level firearms will be able to handle anything and everything that the average gun owner will throw at them. Most folks just aren't shooting more than a handful of times a year, and when they do it's not like they're doing 1000rd range sessions.

Even more honest, if the average joe were to "go to war" or participate in some "SHTF scenario," they would fail way before their tools due to lack of training, preparation, and probably due to being fat AF, like the average American! I sure have been on a soapbox lately LOL.

I'm just curious as to why he is a clown?
    I don't take the time to watch all his videos, I have watched probably a dozen over the years, and nothing about him, his resume, or his videos leads me to the conclusion that he is a clown.

As far as PSA ARs, they are what they are, and they fill that niche quite nicely. They are not, however, a high quality rifle. Given the price tag, this shouldn't be expected of them.
    I think he meant more so that the guy is "clowning around."

His content is fun and is shot/edited well....but he also just does some stupid stuff and cracks silly jokes to get more views. Nothing negative about it.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Lets not forgot that the carrier was out of spec and the chamber was poorly finished.

Thats what you are buying when you buy an ar, a bcg and a barrel. Nothing else in there is doing any heavy lifting. So this cheap psa upper "worked" but likely "wore out" prematurely due to those 2 factors. So QC at PSA with those 2 parts was lacking. But for the price who cares. And the sample size is too small to indicate the overall quality of a PSA product. Get a dozen of those uppers and have someone like "asian dave" measure and spec everything. Then you would have some usable data.

Using a PSA upper for some training or range time is not a "bet my life on it" situation. And no, I would not bet my life on budget parts, unless I really had to, or had inspected them thoroughly/ had a pro inspect them. Same goes for "non-budget" parts. Just remember you should never trust anything until you vet it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom