Pulled Over only for No Seatbelt?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Just for everyone's FYI, subsequent fines for not wearing a seat belt increase with each ticket.

I found this out when my 3rd one cost me $180. I wear the f'ing thing religiously now.

I even think they should be installed on toilets. You can never be TOO safe.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I don't feel the gov't should be telling me that I have to wear a seat belt or a helmet on a motorcycle. Just like people on here want the gov't to stay out of out of other aspects of their lives.

Driving is a privilege licensed by the state.

If you don't go by the rules, that privilege can be withdrawn.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Driving is a privilege licensed by the state.

If you don't go by the rules, that privilege can be withdrawn.

If I wanna smear my brains arcoss the freeway or smash myself into the windshield as long as I don't kill/hurt anyone else in the process, who cares????

Now what does **** me off is when you see little kids being held or not in car seats. Those parents should be arrested. The wife and i saw that yesterday going south on I-110. A lady driving with a teen or two in the car and a toddler standing on the backseat.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    If I wanna smear my brains arcoss the freeway or smash myself into the windshield as long as I don't kill/hurt anyone else in the process, who cares????

Now what does **** me off is when you see little kids being held or not in car seats. Those parents should be arrested. The wife and i saw that yesterday going south on I-110. A lady driving with a teen or two in the car and a toddler standing on the backseat.

Wouldn't your argument hold true for those people also? WHo are you or the government to tell people how to raise or provide for the safety of their kids?

The problem is that when you smear your brains, it does hurt other people. I costs us in insurance premiums and tax dollars for additional public services to render aid. If you are willing to forgo any and all public assistance, I am all game for it. I view it as natural selection. If you are dumb enough not to wear appropriate safety equipment, then great, weed out those weak genes...:D

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    One car I had it was comfortable to put the strap behind me, just be wearing the part across my lap. From behind I'm sure it looked like I was wearing it. Never got pulled over.

I had no idea they had a law saying that though.

That is how my wife wears her seatbelt since she got her ticket for not wearing her seatbelt. She has never had a problem.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Wouldn't your argument hold true for those people also? WHo are you or the government to tell people how to raise or provide for the safety of their kids?

The problem is that when you smear your brains, it does hurt other people. I costs us in insurance premiums and tax dollars for additional public services to render aid. If you are willing to forgo any and all public assistance, I am all game for it. I view it as natural selection. If you are dumb enough not to wear appropriate safety equipment, then great, weed out those weak genes...:D

Good point grass hopper... but I would only be hurting/killing myself where those parents would be hurting/killing thier innocent kids. Plus it gives the popo and EMTs job security..

So in states without a helmet law then you must not have any issue with not wearing a helmet since it is not illegal and you are all about upholding our fine laws?

When we lived in Georgia there was no seatbelt law if you were in a pickup truck. Every other vehicle you had to wear your seatbelt. It was kind of silly that you needed it for cars/SUVs but since I had a truck i didn't mind. My wife thinks they changed it this year.

I just think it should be a personal choice...

Last edited:

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Just for everyone's FYI, subsequent fines for not wearing a seat belt increase with each ticket.

I found this out when my 3rd one cost me $180. I wear the f'ing thing religiously now.

I even think they should be installed on toilets. You can never be TOO safe.

Seatbelt.jpg

New_Seatbelt_Design.jpg

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Good point grass hopper... but I would only be hurting/killing myself where those parents would be hurting/killing thier innocent kids. Plus it gives the popo and EMTs job security..

Please do not call me grasshopper as that is a personal attack and I will be forced to report your post and .... never mind, I wear big boy drawers. :p

Yes, but that is not the same. Parents for all practical purposes own(I know that is probably ot the best way of putting it) their children and have more leaway in comntrolling and raising them than they due strangers. Of course, we have the state to define for us what child abuse is.

So in states without a helmet law then you must not have any issue with not wearing a helmet since it is not illegal and you are all about upholding our fine laws?

As long as their is no monetary risk for the rest of us, you are correct. It has been a while, but I think when we had the no helpmet law, there was some kind of bond or rider you had to have on your insurance. I could be wrong though.

When we lived in Georgia there was no seatbelt law if you were in a pickup truck. Every other vehicle you had to wear your seatbelt. It was kind of silly that you needed it for cars/SUVs but since I had a truck i didn't mind. My wife thinks they changed it this year.

I just think it should be a personal choice...

We used to have the truck law too, and you used to not have to wear it in the backseat of cars as long as you were over 13 y.o. That changed a year or so ago. I am not saying it makes sense, but it is obvious to most that seatbelts saves lives, and saved lives saves money.

I really could careless if someone dumb enough not to wear a seatbelt, keep finger off the trigger, not smoke, etc. dies from their choice, my issue is when it directly or indirectly cost taxpayers money.

If there was a way to exempt the rest of us from that cost, I would be right behind you for :personal choice". The problem is the karger one where government in already infiused in our daily lives, so while we know it is unrealistic to get them completely out, it becomes more a matter of taming the beast.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I got pulled over for speeding (and ticketed) once and the trooper mentioned the seatbelt, I told him it was under my arm instead of over my shoulder and he let it go, but said I should have it over my shoulder.
    I do not now or ever plan to put it over my shoulder. I think lawmakers and douchebags should not a say on this issue. I have been in a major wreck wit only a lapbelt (old cj7) and did fine with it.
    BTW, if you pull people over for having the shoulder belt under their arm, the above douchebag reference refers to you.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I got pulled over for speeding (and ticketed) once and the trooper mentioned the seatbelt, I told him it was under my arm instead of over my shoulder and he let it go, but said I should have it over my shoulder.
    I do not now or ever plan to put it over my shoulder. I think lawmakers and douchebags should not a say on this issue. I have been in a major wreck wit only a lapbelt (old cj7) and did fine with it.
    BTW, if you pull people over for having the shoulder belt under their arm, the above douchebag reference refers to you.

Pass the popcorn.:)

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I think seatbelts are unsafe!!!! you can flip over and get drowwwwnd in a ditch, I drilled a hole in my floorboard and ran a hose pipe out it just incase

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La

Just my little way of saying FU to 'da man'... lolol Just silly things I choose not to follow.

Like when I was in the military. My hair is shorter now then the 11 years I was in the Navy. I was always being told to get a haircut. Just my little way of rebelling.

Last edited:

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    why does it matter that he was driving an LSU truck

Easy...no need to get riled up.....not implying they should have let him off or ignored him due to his LSU truck. Just unintentionally put that in there as he was in no hurry and only going a short distance on campus and forgot about the belt one time.......

Primary offense, huh. I guess he is paying it.

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Just go buy an OLD classic that did not even come with seatbelts.....

The most unsafe drive I have ever taken......a 66 drop top mustang, top down, no seat belt, vinyl bench seat....in the mountains.....if it were my car, I would have been putting belts in it first thing...

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    so technically if there is no place stating how to properly wear a seat belt how do we know that he is wearing it right and we are all wrong?
    there is a place stating that.... the manufacturer or every motor vehicle supplies an OWNER'S MANUAL, usually stashed in the glove compartment, which states how to properly operate and maintain your vehicle, including how to use the safety restraints.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Guel24
    Top Bottom