PWO's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I don't know if you are asking about pre-workout drinks or pre-workout techniques...so I will answer both.

My only pre-workout drink is a glass or two of water about an hour before I workout. I have tried the various drinks that claim to give you extra reps during a workout and I was not impressed by any of them. I do pound down a protein shake during the day with some creatine in it, but that is usually three or so hours before the workout.

As for what I actually before my workout...depending on what muscles I am working, I stretch a lot before and after warming up (more after than before) and I warm up. Warming up before working out is important.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I was totally going to ask this earlier, but I don't know how many chicks are on here that use PWOs. I was looking to add them to my crossfit routine, but I think I'm just going to wait and try progenex force.

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    Currently I am drinking muscle pharm assault about 30 minutes before working out (for reference I crossfit), honestly don't know if it's doing anything but I "feel" as it is. I do tend to be able to not get gassed as quick and think it, has maybe helped me up weight some. Only drawback is, and I don't know if it's the drink or poor air circulation at the gym, but I get dry mouth during work outs and must keep water near by.

I also usually eat a snack of some deli turkey or something similar and a banana about an hour and a half before working out.

Last edited:

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Most pre workouts are bologna. I've tried a bunch and my favorite is a 200mg caffeine pill and a glass of water. Cheaper and I know exactly what I'm taking. You can add beta alanine, arginine, etc if you want. If I HAD to pick one though I'd probably choose Jacked.

Gringo Loco

Psalms 37
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Currently I am drinking muscle pharm assault about 30 minutes before working out (for reference I crossfit), honestly don't know if it's doing anything but I "feel" as it is. I do tend to be able to not get gassed as quick and think it, has maybe helped me up weight some. Only drawback is, and I don't know if it's the drink or poor air circulation at the gym, but I get dry mouth during work outs and must keep water near by.

I also usually eat a snack of some deli turkey or something similar and a banana about an hour and a half before working out.

I usually get dry mouth too. I am currently taking Complete Nutrition's Blitzz (Pink Lemonade). It definitely had a tingle factor and gave me an edge for the first month. Not as much now, but still peps me up a lil bit after a long day (I need someform of caffeine to brighten my eyes after work). I've never ate a pre-workout meal/snack. Maybe I should throw down a bit of protein. I just eat about 3 hours before my workout in the afternoon.

Gringo Loco

Psalms 37
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Most pre workouts are bologna. I've tried a bunch and my favorite is a 200mg caffeine pill and a glass of water. Cheaper and I know exactly what I'm taking. You can add beta alanine, arginine, etc if you want. If I HAD to pick one though I'd probably choose Jacked.

I took the original formula of Jacked 3D since it came out, and took it for a long while. Then started to feel funny. Stopped. Then they changed the formula to the micro (taking out the 3 methyl formula). Which do you take?

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I took the original formula of Jacked 3D since it came out, and took it for a long while. Then started to feel funny. Stopped. Then they changed the formula to the micro (taking out the 3 methyl formula). Which do you take?

I took it a couple years ago so I'm guessing it was the original formula. Made me feel great, but wasn't worth the $$ to me. I can get 100 caffeine pills for ~$5.

rasputin

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Plaquemine
    I take the Gaspari Superpump Max right now. It works best for me. Most pre workout formulas make me either very jittery, or I'll crash mid-workout. Superpump, Jacked, and NOXplode work well for me in that order.

One word of advice, you're supposed to cycle off of pre-workout suppliments. I find they have little effect after 2 to 3mos. I cycle off for a month. I guess its my body building up a tolerance.

Last edited:

Gringo Loco

Psalms 37
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I take the Gaspari Superpump Max right now. It works best for me. Most pre workout formulas make me either very jittery, or I'll crash mid-workout. Superpump, Jacked, and NOXplode work well for me in that order.

One word of advice, you're supposed to cycle off of pre-workout suppliments. I find they have little effect after 2 to 3mos. I cycle off for a month. I guess its my body building up a tolerance.

Your're right. I tend not to, but should. I'll probably try White Flood next. Either that or the new Jacked or, go old school and get some, NOxplode.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I used to take Jack3d. Worked really well, but like all Nitrous Oxide supplements, you're supposed to cycle off as the feeling of the effects tapers down and then wait 1 or 2 months before starting again.

The issue is that when you're used to having that boost pre-workout and then cycle off, it's a big loss of drive. YMMV.

rasputin

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Plaquemine
    I've never tried the White Flood. I've taken alot of different brands, but the ones that I hated the most were Nano Vapor and 1MR. I think they just repackaged Kool aid.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

Water, water, and more water. Try doubling your total water intake if you are getting dry mouth when you workout. Hydration is not something that can happen an hour before you exercise. Two glasses in the morning and one right before you go to sleep will probably help a lot! Also, try breathing through your nose more than your mouth while you workout. It will with dry-mouth and recovery time.

A glass of coffee always worked better than any of the supplements that I took. I know what's in my coffee and it is just great for you all around (or so most studies say so now).

I usually get dry mouth too. I am currently taking Complete Nutrition's Blitzz (Pink Lemonade). It definitely had a tingle factor and gave me an edge for the first month. Not as much now, but still peps me up a lil bit after a long day (I need someform of caffeine to brighten my eyes after work). I've never ate a pre-workout meal/snack. Maybe I should throw down a bit of protein. I just eat about 3 hours before my workout in the afternoon.
    Try 20 or so grams of protein an hour and a half before your workout. Back during my wrestling days in highschool I would eat a piece of bread with natural peanut butter and a little fresh local honey on it. The carbs in the bread were nice longish burning carbs and the sugar in the honey worked somewhat like a pre-workout drink would.

NOXplode, always does it for me.
    NOXplode was always my favorite of the different pre-workout drinks taste wise. A cup of coffee worked better for me and didn't get me all shaky either.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I tell you what, do NOT close the cap when you shake it when it's in a water bottle. It will EXPLODE! I thought I got hit by incoming one morning! Covered in blue NOXPlode!

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Have attended a lecture on supplements given by an MD/PhD whose research focuses on alternative medicines/natural supplements. Said the literature only clearly supports the use of 2 (legal) workout supplements - caffeine and creatine.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Have attended a lecture on supplements given by an MD/PhD whose research focuses on alternative medicines/natural supplements. Said the literature only clearly supports the use of 2 (legal) workout supplements - caffeine and creatine.
    Both of which work quite well from my experience as well :) I just had a creatine / protein shake about an hour ago. Yummy!

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge

Yep yep. There is marginal (at best) support for other supps but they are in no way cost effective for me. Caffeine, protein, creatine, and a multi and I'm G2G.

Btw it's nitric oxide not nitrous oxide. Lots of people seem to make that mistake...

Sent from me my phone and I.

Top Bottom