PX4 Storm > Glock ? Rofl

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    This guy on my page Atchafalaya Firearms. Giving wonderful advice. Yes, both comments are his.

image.jpg

His credentials show he is LAARNG out of Camp Shelby, an that 22lr is more effective than .380 for personal protection.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I carry a PX4 daily, and although it isn't my first choice, she goes bang everytime i pull the trigger, and puts rounds where i aim. My off duty carry is a G19, so what does that tell ya...

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    1) I don't think glock's QC has been slipping --- although I'm no glock expert, I'd figure I'd read something if that were the case.
    2) The PX4 works for him (the poster in the picture, original post) - good for him.

This is where the conversation should end.

I'm not a glock guy (don't own one, don't need to, don't care to) - but I, and he, should at least respect the company's excellent product.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Before I retired, we transitioned to Glock 23s.

Shot a 120 with the Glock and a 120 with my PX4.

Totally a person preference deal.

But how many times do people who have a personal preference get on the internet and preach like experts.........

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    1) I don't think glock's QC has been slipping --- although I'm no glock expert, I'd figure I'd read something if that were the case.

I bought my first Glock with the introduction of the Gen4 line and had ejection issues. After two voluntary recalls to replace the recoil spring & ejector, my G19 is reliable. Was the initial release of the Gen4 flawed? Sure, but they fixed it....although not before hundreds, or perhaps thousands, of Internet posts / reviews complaining about the problem.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I honestly don't see what in that little snippet the guy said that was disagreeable. Let's review.

Beretta is a high quality manufacturer.

The PX4 is reliable and accurate. But leaves everyone who handles it luke warm and doesn't inspire any love.

GLOCK has recently had some real problems with their Gen 4.

Do I think that the PX4 is better? No. Do I like the PX4? No.

I've owned several GLOCK's. For me personally they had no soul and left me very luke warm. They worked. But so does my microwave and washing machine. I felt towards my GLOCK's the same as I did any appliance.

Maybe you should've posted this on a GLOCK fan boy forum?

Dave

cableguy

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I honestly don't see what in that little snippet the guy said that was disagreeable. Let's review.

Beretta is a high quality manufacturer.

The PX4 is reliable and accurate. But leaves everyone who handles it luke warm and doesn't inspire any love.

GLOCK has recently had some real problems with their Gen 4.

Do I think that the PX4 is better? No. Do I like the PX4? No.

I've owned several GLOCK's. For me personally they had no soul and left me very luke warm. They worked. But so does my microwave and washing machine. I felt towards my GLOCK's the same as I did any appliance.

Maybe you should've posted this on a GLOCK fan boy forum?

Dave

This isn't a Glock fan boy forum?

TAS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I don't own a Glock but I've got two PX4's in the house. I really like the way it fits and shoots. Nothing against a Glock, just didn't care for the way it fit me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom