PX4 Storm > Glock ? Rofl

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mac 1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Welsh, LA
    I have the PX4 45 cal and 9mm along with the Glock 17 and 21. All fine pistols. Seems like the PX4s have a little less recoil. All are very accurate. I haven't had any problems with any of them.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    If both shoot as well as each other then it is just a matter of personal preference.

I have a feeling that glock mags and accessories are cheaper and more available. This is enough reason for me not to bother with anything other than glock as a defensive sidearm. I have alot of glocks and stuff to go with them, so changing would require alot of selling and buying of new stuff.

I am sure beretta make a nice gun, all of the beretta products i have owned or handled were nicely made. I did not care for how the cougar 45 shot compared to a 21. And the 92 was bulky compared to a 17.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    The finish on the slide of my gen 4 34 is wearing off in a few spots after probably less than 100 draws out of a kydex holster. That's not me complaining because I don't care how it looks but it is different from the previous gens that have tons of draws with very little wear.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I've got a PX4 Compact (9mm) and would put it right up there with my HKs. I like the way it feels better than the comparable G19. Both are good guns, but in my opinion, the Beretta is just one notch better than the Glock. I have not had any problems with the rotating barrel or with the gun in general. Mags are $45 bucks for it which is a little pricey, but I only have a need for a couple, so it doesn't really matter. What I need to figure out now is if I get a TLR - 2 (HL with Laser) or a TLR 4 - (Reg w/ laser) for it. The gun is a compact, so not as small as the sub-compact but not as big as the full size so I don't know which would fit better...does anyone have any experience with this?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I've got a PX4 Compact (9mm) and would put it right up there with my HKs. I like the way it feels better than the comparable G19. Both are good guns, but in my opinion, the Beretta is just one notch better than the Glock. I have not had any problems with the rotating barrel or with the gun in general. Mags are $45 bucks for it which is a little pricey, but I only have a need for a couple, so it doesn't really matter. What I need to figure out now is if I get a TLR - 2 (HL with Laser) or a TLR 4 - (Reg w/ laser) for it. The gun is a compact, so not as small as the sub-compact but not as big as the full size so I don't know which would fit better...does anyone have any experience with this?

Skip the laser and go with a TLR-1.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Any reason why?

you wouldn't understand; it's a GLOCK thing.

No seriously though, you don't need a laser....
    Cool gadgets I guess, but just get yourself the tlr-1 and call it a day.
    They are slimmer and really all you need without more switches. You have enough on that beretta as is :D lol.
    Maybe someone will chime in with a more technical reason.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Posted today on another forum by Firearms Instructor Todd L. Green.

When Ernest Langdon and I were there in the factory every day promoting pistol sports, brining home trophies (more Ernest than me there ), and working hard to represent the company in that community we were able to keep our heads above water. Shortly after I quit the person who replaced me in the role of running the pistol team capitulated to management's desire to see every member of the Beretta pistol team shoot a PX4... the result being that the entire team quit rather than shoot that gun.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Posted today on another forum by Firearms Instructor Todd L. Green.

When Ernest Langdon and I were there in the factory every day promoting pistol sports, brining home trophies (more Ernest than me there ), and working hard to represent the company in that community we were able to keep our heads above water. Shortly after I quit the person who replaced me in the role of running the pistol team capitulated to management's desire to see every member of the Beretta pistol team shoot a PX4... the result being that the entire team quit rather than shoot that gun.

Todd really doesn't like the PX4.

JR1572

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Any reason why?

Do tell...?

you wouldn't understand; it's a GLOCK thing.

No seriously though, you don't need a laser....
    Cool gadgets I guess, but just get yourself the tlr-1 and call it a day.
    They are slimmer and really all you need without more switches. You have enough on that beretta as is :D lol.
    Maybe someone will chime in with a more technical reason.

Pretty much sums it up. One thing I would like to add, you do not want to train yourself to rely on a laser for aiming, that is what you have sights for.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Pretty much sums it up. One thing I would like to add, you do not want to train yourself to rely on a laser for aiming, that is what you have sights for.

I did a lot of simunitions exercises this year (about 30 scenarios with rifles and pistols). A lot of the guns had lasers on them. On the dark home invasion scenarios the bad guys said it was quite a deterrent to see the laser beam coming at them down a hallway. Personally I don't run a laser but I probably would if I wasn't so lazy and got around to putting it on my rifle.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I did a lot of simunitions exercises this year (about 30 scenarios with rifles and pistols). A lot of the guns had lasers on them. On the dark home invasion scenarios the bad guys said it was quite a deterrent to see the laser beam coming at them down a hallway. Personally I don't run a laser but I probably would if I wasn't so lazy and got around to putting it on my rifle.

It's even more fun putting the IR laser on insurgents foreheads in pitch black darkness.

F the PX4 storm. F it in the A.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Love my subcompact. Fits my hands well, fits even better with a high cap mag with xgrip spacer installed. Doesn't shoot any better than a glock, but not any worse either. The reason I prefer it over my G26 is that I like (I'm comfortable with) DA/SA. It operates just like the 92s I'm used to shooting. Now if I were to choose a full size pistol, I wouldn't choose a PX4 for the reasons stated earlier. I'd go with a glock or even one of my 92s.

I guess for me, right now it's a software issue. More training or different training and I might change over to a soulless glock.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Any reason why?

Do tell...?

That is only my observation of one PX4 with many different shooters so it might not be accurate. However, I would think the reason less recoil is felt is because energy is dispersed rotationally as well as horizontally vs. only horizontally in glocks etc. If a good base isn't provided you have FTF because there more energy absorbed by the wrist and arm in an unsupported Close Quarter shooting drill which would not leave enough to overcome the rotational and horizontal necessary to chamber the next round....

I think it would be worth seeing if this affects you personally. I wouldn't want to be in that situation and have a FTF.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Berretta makes good weapons. Glock makes better ones.

On Pistols: Skip lasers. Waste of money, and they WILL slow you down. You should be focusing on the threat, not looking for the laser dot. Sights or no sights at close range 10 yards and it it does not matter. Most encounters you end up point shooting anyway. Better off practicing that method for close quarters combat than worrying about the laser or sights. A light is a MUST for CQB, gun mounted or handheld, either is fine, just practice with whichever method you choose to use.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA

On Pistols: Skip lasers. Waste of money, and they WILL slow you down. You should be focusing on the threat, not looking for the laser dot. Sights or no sights at close range 10 yards and it it does not matter. Most encounters you end up point shooting anyway. Better off practicing that method for close quarters combat than worrying about the laser or sights. A light is a MUST for CQB, gun mounted or handheld, either is fine, just practice with whichever method you choose to use.

:cheers: yes.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

I like it. I was considering the laser option just for when target shooting with buddies, but after consideration, I agree...seems like even practicing a little with it could cause one to get partially used to it. Probably wouldn't happen to me, but I think I will skip it :P

Do y'all have any advice for the COMPACT Beretta which of these is better? I am thinking the TLR 1 would work on it, but I'm no expert in this area:

http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/product/product.html?pid=276

vs

http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/product/product.html?pid=165

Thanks!!

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Everyone, I am sorry for making this post. To each his own, you like what you like. i just know the tool I use personally will go bang every single time, and handles +p+ like nobody's business. :) Sorry if it happens to be a super reliable $389.99 piece of black plastic!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom