Python killed in Florida- with 76 lb deer inside it

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tantrix

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Pineville, Louisiana
    It may become a problem in other neighboring states, but not gonna happen here. Despite what most people think about Florida and the Everglades, we have the most water of any state in the country and also the largest swamp in the country. The Basin dwarfs the Everglades and has a ****-ton more animals so large snakes like that would have far more competition than they do in Florida. On top of that, we have much more hunters in the swamp than Florida as well.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Why Louisiana does not have to worry about large snakes overtaking our wetlands. A Cajun will find a way to cook any animal and have it taste good too!

Substitute Rattlesnake with Python or Boa.

http://www.rattlesnakerecipe.us/recipes.htm

You stole my thoughts! I was gonna say- that's usually the state's attempt at a solution to an invasive species that hands them their ass....tell us they're a 'blessing' and that they're good to eat!

Now all they have to do is create a catchy name for it to make it sound a little more 'delicious'- like re-naming Asian Carp 'Silverfin'! :puke:

:rofl:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Might be a problem, here.

Is deer in or out of season in Florida. That's how to stop this s***. Sic the wildlife and fisheries folks on them.

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    They cant make it much further past the everglades much less north flordia. The numbers are no where near what they are reporting anyway.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Now all they have to do is create a catchy name for it to make it sound a little more 'delicious'- like re-naming Asian Carp 'Silverfin'!
    Or when they tried putting nutria on restaurant menus as "marsh rabbit" :mamoru:

I must confess though that I've eaten nutria more than once, and it was great! Tasted just like chicken; very lean and non-gamey.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Florida has issues with gators too, because they are too worried about their feelings..

They're reptiles, they don't have feelings.. Well, other than hunger..

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    I have feelings too...
    I have a feeling that some venison stuffed python would go good with a blackened alligator appetizer...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom