Quandry on LA CCP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    I have had a concealed carry permit forever, well just about. Under the Shall Issue, my number is less than 300.

However I have a 35 yr old daughter that has been shooting since she was 9 years old She is not a degreed professional and decided to get her state permit to carry concealed. No problem.

I got her application ready and all was well. However she sat on it for six months before mailing it.

Today she got it back saying the fingerprint cards were done six months ago and she has to get another set.

I deal with the law seven days a week and I read the entire law on the concealed permits for LA. Not one place does it say the fingerprint cards has a time limit on them. Certainly her fingerprints have not changed.

Why is the people in permits saying they have to be within six months? Now I have to carry her back to the sheriffs office and get her printed again, pay their fee and she has to miss two or more hours from her office work.

Nobody in Baton Rouge could even tell me why the prints has to be less than six months old or any time limit on them at all.

Can someone here explain this to me?

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Get her prints done digitally by LSP. Cards (for reasons I'm not clear on) are considered invalid after a month or two. I think it has to do with accuracy of the print when they have to scan it into the system again.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Why did she sit on it more than six months? If she doesn't care enough to send it in, maybe she doesn't really want a permit.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Be sure to have two sets of prints done. Best at LSP HQ if possible they can give things a quick look and possibly point out anything missed.
    Check her certificate and Notary stamp as they have a shelf life as well.
    I believe the certificate is good for a year and the Notary stamp may only be valid within a month or two.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Be sure to have two sets of prints done. Best at LSP HQ if possible they can give things a quick look and possibly point out anything missed.
    Check her certificate and Notary stamp as they have a shelf life as well.
    I believe the certificate is good for a year and the Notary stamp may only be valid within a month or two.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

One year on the Certificate and 60 days on the Notary Stamp.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    I've had a CHP for a very long time how do you tell how old it is by the number?

There is a number on the top. It is a long number but the last numbers are what you look for. A friend got his about two yrs ago and his is numbered 87,???. I talked with Wendi at BR last week and she told me the numbers are now getting close to 200,000.

Somewhere in my computer, I have the totals for all the permits since inception and I think they were up to about 170,000 then.

It is now a two week wait just to get an app in process.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    There is a number on the top. It is a long number but the last numbers are what you look for. A friend got his about two yrs ago and his is numbered 87,???. I talked with Wendi at BR last week and she told me the numbers are now getting close to 200,000.

Somewhere in my computer, I have the totals for all the permits since inception and I think they were up to about 170,000 then.

It is now a two week wait just to get an app in process.

The last how many numbers do you count?

STPHomie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Madisonville
    Get her prints done digitally by LSP. Cards (for reasons I'm not clear on) are considered invalid after a month or two. I think it has to do with accuracy of the print when they have to scan it into the system again.

Off topic, but this could be a cool defense for a guy who was fingerprinted on a paper card by police for the first and only time more than two months ago. Tomorrow they say his prints match a new crime. Hmmmm.

Top Bottom