Question about background check and prints

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I went with my girlfriend to LSP Hq today to do her background check for a job. The place she's going to work gave her a money order for the background check and one for her prints.
    I talked to a man that was there with his daughter getting hers and he said they were from Lake Charles. So I asked him if they had to come all the way from LC just to do that and he said yes.

So what's the deal do you have to go to LSP Hq for all that stuff? My girlfriend said she was told (not by LSP) that LSP Hq was the only one that did digital prints and you had to go there.

Does all that sound right?

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I have heard that same thing, and had ink prints done at the Denham police for my CHP. They did not like them and had to go to LSP and spend more money. I have had jobs that have their own digital machines to do FBI background checks, although I was in other states when they were taken.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Other places do digital prints.
    The Sheriffs office in Marksville does(had mine done there for CHP) and I'm fair key certain Opelousas does digital as well.

I remember during the CHP rush many people would go to LSP Hq to do prints and turn in their app which was processed much faster than by mail.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I will say that I had called at... I think the Plaquemine city sheriff's office (it's on my way to work), and they were still doing ink. That was about 4 years ago. No idea if they switched to digital by now though.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    St. Tammany, Covington, and Mandeville PD will do prints for $10 per card. A friend of mine works for the LSP and said if they don't accept the ink prints, they are just lazy and want you to come and do the digital prints. IIRC, TWIC offices do digital prints.

Top Bottom