Question about concealment

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    While I'm not in the tall and skinny category... I finally found something that works for me. I carry a 1911 at five oclock, mag well to the outside, using a left hand IWB holster. I broke my arm some years ago and it still gives me some problems. All I can say is that it works for me. I'm not going to tell you how many holsters I went through over the years to find that combination. Now if I can just find one with a right hand thumb break... I'm probably going to break down and have K&D make me one.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Went ahead and fixed that for ya brutha, in anticipation of those long hours sitting behind a radar gun jamming down Krispy Kreme's!;):rofl::rofl::rofl:

:confused:
    Ummm, this is by definition Outside Waist Band. Did you not describe it correctly?

Fine...it's neither, so call it IB/OSW....glad to have someone else here to point out mistakes, we were running short

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    I also am in the same boat, 5'11" 185ish with all mi hight in my torso. I also wear regular or loose fit jeans and t-shirts all the time. My current carry set up is an xd sub compact in an M-tac holster at between 4 and 5 oclockish, but I do have to go through my shirts and find one long enough( usually black or other dark color like OD green). I used to carry a sig sp2022 in the same holster, it is about the same size as an xd service model and it concealed fine too. If you ever want to try out the m-tac to see how you like the feel give me a holler, I don't think you live that far from me.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Fine...it's neither, so call it IB/OSW....glad to have someone else here to point out mistakes, we were running short

Simply making an observation. No need to get all pissy. Perhaps time to up the dosage of Geritol? I've heard that helps with orneriness and general consternation, as well as overall cantankerousness.;)

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Simply making an observation. No need to get all pissy. Perhaps time to up the dosage of Geritol? I've heard that helps with orneriness and general consternation, as well as overall cantankerousness.;)

Hey at least you didn't point out how dumb it is to wear an IWB as an OWB.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods

:cool:
    Ohlawdy...you call that pissy ?? HaHaHa...ok, but keep your head down around grown ups, and I do apologize if I hurt your feelings, certainly that was not my intent.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    :cool:
    Ohlawdy...you call that pissy ?? HaHaHa...ok, but keep your head down around grown ups, and I do apologize if I hurt your feelings, certainly that was not my intent.

Actually, no I don't. But I'm sure in your passive/agressive way you thought you were! :rofl: Carry on! We all find you amusing!:mamoru: And await the next installment of your curmudgeonly wit with bated breath!:rofl:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Actually, no I don't. But I'm sure in your passive/agressive ( sp ) way you thought you were! :rofl: Carry on! We all find you amusing!:mamoru: And await the next installment of your curmudgeonly wit with bated breath!:rofl:

:p
    Wow...I did hurt your feelings, and again, I'm sorry, didn't intend to.

I should be more careful not to insult the spokesperson for so many people...

Rest of Mr Dave 328's possee...apologies to y'all too ( and please help Mr Dave with his spelling )

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    :p
    Wow...I did hurt your feelings, and again, I'm sorry, didn't intend to.

I should be more careful not to insult the spokesperson for so many people...

Rest of Mr Dave 328's possee...apologies to y'all too ( and please help Mr Dave with his spelling )

There you go!:bravo: We knew you could do it!!
    I knew you wouldn't disappoint!!:rofl::rofl:
    Please, keep 'em coming, gramps!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
    You're like the Dick Clark of Bayoushooter! Older than dirt, probably sitting in a shitty diaper, and way past your due date, but little gems like these are what keep getting you invited to New Years Rocking Eve year after year, slurring speech and all!!:rofl::rofl:
    BRAVO SIR!! :bravo:

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

scottjcraig

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Fort Polk
    Just go ahead and open carry if your comfortable with it :) if not try and find an XL slim-fit t-shirt. It should help with the too short shirt problem.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Don't worry too much.

In 1977, I was 6'2" & 151 #.

Now, I am 6'0" & 234 #.

If you live in South Louisiana, your "problem" should auto-correct, as you grow older !

leVieux

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom