Question about installing a Jewell trigger

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Let me see if I can describe this where it makes sense to everyone.

I just installed a Jewell trigger on a Remington 700P and everthing is working perfectly…Including the bolt release. However, I’m a little concerned about the position of the bolt release lever before and after the install. Before I installed the trigger, I noticed the bolt release mechanism on the Jewell trigger was about 1/16” longer than the X-Mark I pulled out. After I installed the Jewell, the opposite end of the bolt release lever from the pivot pin was sticking up out of the slot about 1/8” more than with the X-Mark. With the X-Mark you could still see about one half of the forward pin, but with the Jewell, it entirely covers the forward pin. I tried to take some pics, but this camera won’t focus good enough. It’s all because of the length of the two mechanisms on each trigger. With the Jewell installed, I can push down on the end of the bolt release lever and see the mechanism on the Jewell assembly flex. Is this something I should be concerned with? The only fix I can see to do is file a little bit off the end of the trigger mechanism that contacts the bolt release lever. Or, should I leave it alone as long as everything is working fine.

BTW….The Jewell is so sweet! I cannot believe the difference. It has such a nice clean break. I don’t have a pull gauge, so does anyone know what they come factory set to?

Thanks,

ARshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    New Orleans area
    When you say the bolt release that came with the action, do you mean the piece that is attached to the trigger assembly? If so, then yes, I did use the one that came with the trigger which is the only part of the bolt release that came with the Jewell. In other words, the bolt release consists of 4 parts: 1. The piece that is attached to the trigger assembly that you push to release the bolt 2. Spring 3. Pin 4. Bolt release that sits in a slot in the action and is pinned along with the spring, trigger and action (this is the piece I called the bolt release lever) When I changed out the triggers, all I did was knock out the two pins and remove the X-Mark and drop in the Jewell and re-pin it. I didn't look to see if I could change out the piece that is attached to the trigger assembly. Is it possible to change it out with the one on the X-Mark.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom