Question about Monarch 308 ammo from Academy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thomasward00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2007
    Slidell, La
    I was at academy today and they had Monarch 20 round boxes for 7 dollars and change, they are non corrosive but the steel casing. Will this hurt my savage 10fp rifle? I'll be using the good stuff too, just this is cheap target ammo....

Thanks in advance...

thomasward00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2007
    Slidell, La
    I was at academy today and they had Monarch 20 round boxes for 7 dollars and change, they are non corrosive but the steel casing. Will this hurt my savage 10fp rifle? I'll be using the good stuff too, just this is cheap target ammo....

Thanks in advance...

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I have shot it through my M1A with no ill effects, just be sure to give it a good cleansing afterwards. Its not too accurate, but for just banging out a 20 round mag, its cheap and it works. I will continue to shoot it until I can find South African R1M1 for about the same price, as I dont really want to dip into my good ammo stash at the moment.
    If I remember correctly, I saw somewhere that it is actually Barnaul ammo packaged for academy:confused:

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Its good ammo for the price, Ive used it in my PTR91 with acceptable results, buts thats practice at 100 yards though.

Danny

USMC DM
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2007
    NE Louisiana
    And I believe you can't reload them or am I wrong. Not for sure.

I just got 500 rounds from Georige Arms for about $13 a box of federal match for my 308.

jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    I can't vouch for the Monarch 30-06 rounds, but I will say that I have probably shot 500+ rounds of Monarch .223. No hiccups no problems. I too have heard that they are hell on extractors, but no evidence thus far to support this claim w/ my RRA AR. So for now... with limited ammo funding... The Monarch 223 will just have to do. Good luck!

(and let us know how they shoot if you do pick up any 30-06!)

Top Bottom