Question about pardons

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbeubs17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    NW LA
    I have a friend with a non-res FL license who is pretty chapped by the latest news. I 've told him to just get a LA CHL as I have both and he says that when he tried he was told he couldn't due to a conviction he had several yrs ago.
    He received a pardon for that infraction which allows him to purchase guns so why not CHL?

Also, does the pardon keep the info off of the NCIC background check? Is this what allowed him to get the FL CCW?

Could this be one of the reasons to do away with non-res licenses?

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    That is why they did what they did, to prevent circumventing LA requirements.

With ANY felony conviction, even one that does not take away firearm ownership rights, they will not issue a CHP. The only exception is if you have a Governor's Gold Seal Pardon, because that pardon not only re-instates your rights, but also your legal innocence.

When LA CHP was written, since it is a privelage, they can make pretty much whatever "rules" they want. that said, it was stipulated that any felony convviction would exclude you.

geauxshootin

LA CHP Training and more
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Prairieville
    Nola
    I am definately not up on pardons, this may sound dumb but do you know of any easy read that I can go to to learn more? Just want to stay out of the legal ease.
    thnx

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    That is why they did what they did, to prevent circumventing LA requirements.

With ANY felony conviction, even one that does not take away firearm ownership rights, they will not issue a CHP. The only exception is if you have a Governor's Gold Seal Pardon, because that pardon not only re-instates your rights, but also your legal innocence.

When LA CHP was written, since it is a privelage, they can make pretty much whatever "rules" they want. that said, it was stipulated that any felony convviction would exclude you.

Man, that's messed up!

Last edited:

tbeubs17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    NW LA
    Thanks for the info..I know he had the FL license first but didnt make sense why he would be able to get it and not LA. I tried tracking down the info myself but got tired of reading :)

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Times like this - it stinks because defending yourself is a privilege. A privilege you pay for.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom