Question about tethering Ipad to Blackberry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Since the Ipad 2 was announced, Apple has dropped the price on the Ipad1 refurbs to $349 for the 16gb wifi. For that price, i think i may pick one up. My only reservation is being able to tether it to my blackberry for internet service when I am out of range for wifi. I have been searching online for a few hours, and am getting mixed suggestions from people.

Does anyone here have an Ipad and a blackberry? Were you able to use the Blackberry for internet to the Ipad?

Thanks

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    I do not mind having to jailbreak the ipad if it is required to link the two devices. I am using the tether program between my Blackberry and laptop, and i am happy with the performance. Just hoping I can do the same with the ipad.

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    If you find out how please post it. This is the only thing holding me back from buying an ipad. If I can't tether it I don't want it.

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    I've found two other ways. You can d/l and install connectify to a windows 7 computer that your tethered to and it will turn the puter into a hotspot.

The other way isn't free. It costs about $150 bucks. It's called cradlepoint and once again it turns the blackberry into a hotspot.

Top Bottom