Question for any LA State Troopers or who might correctly know

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    None of my co-workers or trooper friends can accurately answer this and I have had both answers from others. I know some states do so and others do not.

Question: Is a person's Concealed Carry Permit tied to the LA Drivers License in Louisiana?

Since my work does not deal with traffic stops, license checks or such, I have no way of knowing but would like to do so.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    In case the Op. is not aware the 10-26 LSP972 is referring to is your drivers license.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    Yes. When a 10-26 is run, it will come back indicating that the person described on the OLN is also a permittee.

One wonders what troopers you were talking to who didn't know that...

The ones I talked with are the ones I have to deal with and they are in Investigations.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I've had a Texas State Trooper pull me over once. I didn't have my EDC with me, or any other guns in the car, so I said nothing about my CHL. He ran my DL, came back with the tickets and asked me where my weapon was. Sure caught me by surprise.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I had an LSP inform me (after I told
    him I was CCH permittee and unarmed) that I did not have to tell him if I wasn't armed.

The way I read the law says, paraphrased, that I must tell them I am a permitted, and weather or not I am armed.

I told him id rather tell him that, than him find out running my license and come back pissed that I might be armed.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I don't know if LEOs in other states can see it.

Years ago, I asked a Vermont State Trooper friend to run my d/l and it didn't show.
    :ninja:

Boothkicker

Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    West Monroe, LA
    Some patrol officers/deputies/troopers don't know all of the capabilities (OR LIMITATIONS) of NCIC.

Out of state NCIC returns are by far not uniform. I hate trying to read/decipher them. I've actually never ran an out of state lic and noticed the CCW flag.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I should have qualified my statement with this: If you are a CHP permit holder in another state that flags your drivers license as such, it shows up here when its run.

Yes, some states are absolute hell to even try and determine the person's name.

Goofy thing about my 26 is that although I have had my CHP for over 3 years, it still shows my status as PENDING.

Top Bottom