Question for the dads with infants out there.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    Ok Dads need some advice on car seats and vehicles. I've got an 08 regular cab silverado and I've got a 3 month old baby. The passenger airbag shuts off under 60lbs. My question is has anyone used a rear facing car seat in a regular cab? I don't want to take any chances with the safety of my child. Some am I gtg to use it?

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Ok Dads need some advice on car seats and vehicles. I've got an 08 regular cab silverado and I've got a 3 month old baby. The passenger airbag shuts off under 60lbs. My question is has anyone used a rear facing car seat in a regular cab? I don't want to take any chances with the safety of my child. Some am I gtg to use it?

No back seat right? Just so got it right. Wife is car seat aficionado, definitely not advised but not illegal, gotta do what you gotta do. If you go to North Oaks diagnostic center they have workers who will come and properly secure car seat for free. Not saying you can't do yourself but more to car seats and proper positioning than one thinks. Also www.carseat.org good website wife said.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    IIRC rear facing in the center of the seat(assuming its a bench) belted and tethered it optimal.
    Never rear facing in front of an active air bag.

Last edited:

eradicater

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    Alexandria
    If possible deactivate front airbag. Even though its set to turn off at a certain poundage I wouldn't trust it. Mine is the same way but even a twelve pack will activate it. You can have a cutoff with a key installed to make sure it's off.

oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    I'm going to have to check into making switch or something. I just paid my truck off and the only real time I would have to use the seat would be when my wife can't pick him up from daycare.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I sold my single cab and picked up a crew cab when my son was born. It's nice to leave a seat in each vehicle . I would definitely turn off airbag if at all possible.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    My daughter rode (many years ago) occasionally in the passenger seat of a single cab ranger. It didn't make me happy but it worked. If you could put her in the center of the truck it would be better. I was always worried about getting t-boned into the passenger door.

Top Bottom