Question on Gunsmith fit barrel

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    OK, here is the question.

If I buy a match barrel and have a gunsmith fit it to the specified weapon, at some point in time, can i re-install the factory barrel without any issues?

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Sorry for the delay, I've been busy.

Lately on some of the other shooting sites, I've noticed a lot of competition pistols going up for sale with gunsmith fit match bbls and then the owner is throwing in the factory bbl too.

For example; say a Glock 34 that is set up for production. A guy has one with a gunsmith fit aftermarket bbl and the original bbl. TO me, if you go to the trouble to get a bbl custom fit to a pistol, why switch back to the original?

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Factory barrel should drop right in. Most pistol barrel fitting is done by trimming the hood and cleaning up the lugs. The work should be not done to the slide or frame.

DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Factory barrel should drop right in. Most pistol barrel fitting is done by trimming the hood and cleaning up the lugs. The work should be not done to the slide or frame.

Since we're on the subject... Can anyone here recommend a local (Louisiana) gunsmith to fit a Glock barrel? I recently received a Wilson Combat (non-drop in) barrel for my G17 as a gift over the weekend.

Top Bottom