Question - what would you do?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    If you report it there will be no repercussions . Some years back I reported a Traffic Cop that thought it was ok to regularly drive 45 in a 25 . This was in a residential neighborhood , on my street . I spoke to the Shift Supervisor and told him I just wanted the guy to slow it down . He handled it and all was well .

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    1711762889766.png

That made me spit out my beer! I have a buddy that pulls me over sometimes, trying to be funny. I might actually get this, just for him. :dogkeke:

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Yesterday evening about 9 pm I was traveling east on 1-12. Had cruise set on 72. All of a sudden a motorcycle comes up on my rear bumper. I changed lines and the motorcycle sped by me. It was accelerating quickly up to 80 plus mph. To my suprise it was a BRPD officer. Clearly he was t heading to a call as he crossed into Livingston Parish. He turned left in 16 heading north. He was going in the same direction as I was. On Hwy 16 through Denham he was greatly exceeding the speed limit. Not by 5-10 mph but probably 20 mph above posted limits and changing lanes rapidly. I continued until he turned into what I guess was his subdivision. The question is, what would you do? I thought to get next to him at a stop light and tell him what a great example he was demonstratin. The lawman not obeying the law. I am confident that I have every right to address him but dont know about recourse from doing so. I’m sure he could run my plate to know my home address.

Before you say it, I can assure you that I am not a Pu**y. How do lawmen get held accountable? If you call their office I’m sure the comment will get circle filed.
    Everyone is getting butt wet about this post without asking the correct questions!
    1. What type of bike was it?
    2. Was this cop in uniform?
    3. Did you get his license plate number?
    4. Do you break the law at any time while driving?
    5. What would you like done in this situation?

Hold off on the dumb comments boys. Let’s get the facts straight first….

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I would keep driving and continue my day. Surely I'd have some thoughts about it for a short time but I wouldn't waste much mental energy on it.

I was driving in the rain early in the morning last Tuesday, morning traffic. Some people drive like they're borderline criminally insane. I just remained focused on driving so I could arrive at my destination safely, as always.

I don't try to intervene in the madness of society. I only run my life, not the rest of the world. Fuggit! LOL

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I say let the reckless idiot kill himself in a future wreck. He has already made the decision to have a wreck due to his aggressive and reckless driving.
    I do a lot of driving and see wrecks being worked by LE every day mostly in areas with low speed limits. The worst I have seen was a Nissan driver who blew a stop sign and was killed when an extended cab truck t-boned him. This happened next to Costco in New Orleans.
    My last accident happened in 2006 when I was rear ended while at a light by one of those reckless idiots. I am baffled at the amount of driving I have done since then without any accidents, but other people who drive much less than myself just can't drive safely. My Father-in-law previously told me that I "drive like an old man." He stopped saying that after he totaled his big Dodge truck after which I told him that his big truck ain't so big and bad anymore and how easily they are destroyed like the Toyota trucks that Haji mounted Russian 12.5mm on were easily destroyed by our MK-19 40mm MGs. LOL!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Everyone is getting butt wet about this post without asking the correct questions!
    1. What type of bike was it?
    2. Was this cop in uniform?
    3. Did you get his license plate number?
    4. Do you break the law at any time while driving?
    5. What would you like done in this situation?

Hold off on the dumb comments boys. Let’s get the facts straight first….

Some of these we already know the answer to.

1. assumed to be police.
    2. if on a police motorcycle, most, likely yes. if not on a police motorcycle, he would have to be in uniform to know he was a brpd officer.
    3. unknown.
    4. yes, but the brpd officer broke the law morer.
    5. hold the officer accountable for speeding. only civilians should be allowed to do that.

Am I close?

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Thperez1972

Not really, well kind of.

1 BRPD Harley Davidson
    2 Yes, BRPD on back of his jacket
    3 Yes
    4 Yes I did.
    5 I guess I will do like the rest of the world and most
    of the replies suggest, let it go.

but…….when does good call out bad? Not just this instance with
    this person not respecting the law but will ticket others because he has AUTHORITY.

Other areas of society are decaying but people are against to say anything about it. Why don’t people say anything about things that are clearly not right? I’ve always heard that right is right and wrong is wrong.

I did make a mistake by exceeding the limit but I wanted to see where he exited the interstate. Now the self rightous that will fault me for that I guess you have never went 72 in a 70. That’s true, I did it. But, does that mean that a sworn law officer should not be more of a role model? When you are part of a group, organization, club don’t you want to represent that group with honor and integrity?

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles

1 BRPD Harley Davidson
    3 Yes
    4 Yes I did.

this person not respecting the law but will ticket others because he has AUTHORITY.

Other areas of society are decaying but people are against to say anything about it. Why don’t people say anything about things that are clearly not right? I’ve always heard that right is right and wrong is wrong.

I did make a mistake by exceeding the limit but I wanted to see where he exited the interstate. Now the self rightous that will fault me for that I guess you have never went 72 in a 70. That’s true, I did it. But, does that mean that a sworn law officer should not be more of a role model? When you are part of a group, organization, club don’t you want to represent that group with honor and integrity?
    But what were you driving?

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Thperez1972

1 BRPD Harley Davidson
    3 Yes
    4 Yes I did.

I gotta say, of all the areas of societal decay, and the destruction of this country, and you are fixated on a cop speeding ? Maybe you have a problem with cops more than anything.

You are now the victim here of the speeding ? Come on dude. Not only were you speeding to begin with but if your facts are accurate you were driving in the same ridiculous manner you portray him to be driving in to follow him all the way to his subdivision, not just exiting the interstate. Its ok for you though?

We still dont know his reason for speeding home. Maybe it was a realistic one. You were speeding just for fun on the interstate. Maybe he had a significant reason to get home.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thperez1972

1 BRPD Harley Davidson
    1. assumed to be police.

A brpd harley is a police motorcycle. I got that one.

2. if on a police motorcycle, most, likely yes. if not on a police motorcycle, he would have to be in uniform to know he was a brpd officer.

The jacket is part of his uniform. Got that one too.

This one was a coin toss.

4 Yes I did.

Got this one too.

5. hold the officer accountable for speeding. only civilians should be allowed to do that.

The question wasn't what are you going to do. The question was what do you want done.

72 in a 70? When did the speed limit jump from 65 to 70? Unless it changed in the last 10 months, it would appear you were going 72 in a 65. That bit wasn't a mistake. You had the cruise control set. I think what a lot of people find curious is that someone who feels ok with speeding is calling out someone else who feels comfortable, partly because the second someone feels more comfortable with more speeding. When does good call out bad? Who is good and who is bad in your situation?

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 5.16.59 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 5.19.54 PM.png

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Some of these we already know the answer to.

1. assumed to be police.
    3. unknown.

Am I close?
    Never mind. Y’all fail to see the point. Good night and best wishes to you all.
    I get you there fellow Leatherneck! It's just that out here in "the world" we aren't going to be held accountable for our driving the way we were on a MCB(Marine Corps Base) or NSA(Navel Support Activity) for example. LE is allowed a certain level of discretion involving misdemeanors and moving or non-moving violations. I don't recall USMC MPs having any discretion whatsoever.
    Out here in the civilian community, it's really best that we afford some discretion towards LE with misdemeanors and moving violations since they are people too. If they start their own bad driving habits, it will catch up to them.
    Semper Fi Marine!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    wardt
    Top Bottom