Question?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IonicDOG

Hacker
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    Houma, LA
    In regards to this thread http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=947

I have an additional question, What constitutes the vechicle to be an extension of your home? Does it have to be registered in your name or what?

The reason i'm asking is because I work for a company in which i'm able to drive the truck to and from work, and use it for personal stuff. My boss told me that the truck is not considered an extension of my home due to the fact that the truck is not registered in my name. The company does not have a policy about firearms. He didn't tell me I couldn't have my pistol in the truck but, he told me I should hide it, which does me no good in an emergency situation. Can anyone clear this up for me I don't want to get in trouble if I get pulled over. Thanks, Josh

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    A vehicle is considered an extension of your home no matter what. The only way it isn't is if you do not own it, and you do not have the owner's permission to carry. Since it was said you do have permission to have it in you (none of the other conditions apply) you may carry a firearm in your vehicle.

Regardless, if you are stopped, you wouldn't have problems no matter what legally....but if there is policy or precedent at work within your company about firearms on company property (buildings, vehicles etc) then you could be fired.

As a rookie LEO, I would go as far to say that a vehicle is "yours" as long as you are in control of it. Meaning if you are the driver, and the actual "owner" isn't there, it is your's, as it is your responsibility at the time.

Top Bottom