questions for p90x users

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lajones

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Louisiana
    Is it working? Are you motivated to do it?
    How many days/hours a week are you doing it?

I'm just looking for feed back from some that are already using it. It looks like it should work, but if it doesn't keep your interest then it's money wasted. I am thinking of trying it, but don't want to spend $$$ for nothing. Thanks.

t-train

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge

I'm just looking for feed back from some that are already using it. It looks like it should work, but if it doesn't keep your interest then it's money wasted. I am thinking of trying it, but don't want to spend $$$ for nothing. Thanks.

Its a good routine, but I've found it to be a little unrealistic. You can see just as much transformation if you get into the gym 5 days a week and keep your cardio up. That's the "miracle" behind the P90X transformation. It makes you be consistent for 3 months. If you want to tone up and lose mass, go for it! If you're trying to bulk, then stay as far away from it as possible. my .02

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

P90x is so universal it will do whatever you want it to, “IF” you give it equal attention.
    Like most programs, if you give it your all and never change your diet, you’ll end up strong, and you’ll drop some pounds of fat and gain some pounds of muscle. However, you’ll never get to optimal performance(Cut/Ripped/etc.) unless you FIX your diet.

I’ve been telling folks here to remember that diet is 98% of your daily fitness regime. Seriously it is. You workout for only an hour a day or so, the rest of the day is a 23 hour WAR on your Diet.
    If you can win the Diet Battle you can literally transform your body and take it to levels that most can’t even think about.

You can indeed add MASS in P90x, it works like any other program. Use enough weight that you can only do 8-10 reps, and you will add MASS, IF you EAT enough Protein too and follow the routine. If your doubting that P90x can Add Mass you can talk to this guy anytime, he’s a coach on the beachbody.com forums. There are also MANY, MANY others that you can talk to that have PLENTY of MASS to talk about. MASS comes from eating enough good groceries, and LIFTING enough weight.

[youtube] <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZciY7ymPmU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZciY7ymPmU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object> [/youtube]

I do P90x 6 days a week. Currently I’m on P90x Classic Version week 6. I did 8 weeks of the Lean Version then switched to Classic.
    Lean Version – Just that, Lean Muscle Mass/Cut/Fat Burner
    Classic Version – Little less Cardio, Lean or Mass Muscle depends on what you do, 8-10 reps or 12-15?
    Doubles Version – Like Classic but with extra cardio (Killer Version) You better keep up with your calories with this version, b/c you'll need to eat enough to keep up.

I love beachbody programs. It’s a monkey see monkey do routine. Just press play, and follow the leader! Doesn’t get much simpler than that. However they cannot force you to eat the right things. That’s your part. You can do the same thing in a Gym too but you'll only fail if you think your just going to go to a gym, and start throwing around some weights. REAL Gym rats have detailed information, check list, Gym Buddies(Support), etc. You have to set all this up on your own. P90x provides the whole package imo. Plus the print off sheets to help you track your progress(VERY Important)

However, P90x is NOT the only successful routine though. It will do what you allow it to. It WILL burn Calories, It WILL build muscle or sculpt it. How FAST it does so, and how WELL it does it, is up to YOU!

Again if your skeptical, or just want to do some more research, there are a few HUNDRED video on youtube of regular, non acting, normal folks in our shoes. Just like me and you trying to get fit and stay there. If your STILL not convinced, you can join the beachbody.com forums for FREE and talk to thousands of people. They’ll assign you a coach or you can contact one you see on the forums that you like and they’ll walk you through whatever you need.

I’m no fitness expert, but I’m not dumb when it comes to fitness either. Everyday there’s new technology out changing the fitness world and I do my best to stay on top of it.

If you wanted to share some goals with us, we might can figure out something for you.

Last edited:

ChickenWhistle

Thingamajig
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I wouldn't buy it. My cousin gave me his disks after about 2 weeks of doing the program. He thought I would have use of them since I "work out". I skimmed through it, and wasn't impressed. Sure, you'll see some improvement if you haven't trained before, or at least not in awhile, but really anything works at first if you fall into that category. You can do less work and get the same results in my opinion.

Remember, 90% of any routine comes down to diet, whether it be for fat loss or mass gains.

t-train

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    You can indeed add MASS in P90x, it works like any other program. Use enough weight that you can only do 8-10 reps, and you will add MASS, IF you EAT enough Protein too and follow the routine. If your doubting that P90x can Add Mass you can talk to this guy anytime, he’s a coach on the beachbody.com forums. There are also MANY, MANY others that you can talk to that have PLENTY of MASS to talk about. MASS comes from eating enough good groceries, and LIFTING enough weight. .

But you're defeating the purpose of P90X. He asked about doing P90X. Whats the point of buying it, just to alter it with lower reps and higher weight? You can save $100 and do some research on the internet and find a decent routine with high weight low reps to build mass. I dont want to start a panty wadding argument, but everyone I know thats done it has lost weight (from fat) and toned up. But as far as getting "Big", never saw any results. Alot of it also has to do with body types. I agree with you on dieting is %90 of the war. And its great with getting you into a routine, but you have to want to workout.

Id save the money and just make up your own routine that works for you IMO. Check out bodybuilding.com and click in the articles section for workouts. Thats free!

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    <1>But you're defeating the purpose of P90X. He asked about doing P90X. Whats the point of buying it, just to alter it with lower reps and higher weight?

<2> and find a decent routine with high weight low reps to build mass.

<3>but everyone I know thats done it has lost weight (from fat) and toned up. But as far as getting "Big", never saw any results

<4>And its great with getting you into a routine, but you have to want to workout.

Of course, I'm not arguing either, :) but I've actually DONE and am continuing to do the program. I'm giving a first hand experience with it. ;)

1: Not so my friend, the purpose of P90x is to get in the best shape of your life like all other programs. Lean or Bulk is completely up to you. The program is set up for you to follow your own goals. Whether that be Bulk or Lean the program can assist you with either or.

2: I think I covered that above.

3: Like I said, there is PLENTY of folks on beachbody.com that look just like the coach in the video, b/c they used heavy weight, ate right and Bulked up. They also didn't do it for no 400 days either.

4: Of course you have to want to workout …..:confused:

Look I'm no stranger to the gym guys, but I can tell you this. I see Bulky Meat Heads all day long at the gym. They go there and lift heavy weight, drink a bunch of Protein and tons of other crap. Yea their BIG, SOME of them are ripped/cut, but most or not. Their just bulky meat heads with no neck and NO definition. Circuit Routines are the happy median. Giving you the chance to add muscle, and scult it at the same time. All depends on your goals.

Cheers, I'm off work early, I'll check back later this evening.

Last edited:

t-train

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Of course, I'm not arguing either, :) but I've actually DONE and am continuing to do the program. I'm giving a first hand experience with it. ;) QUOTE]

Thats awesome! Ill bring you your cookie later :). Ive done it as well... just not repeated it. I do the ab ripper and some of the back stuff. I wish they'd let you buy the dvd's individually.

As to my "have to WANT to workout" comment; Can't tell you how many people i know bought the dvds and "wanting" to workout, but as soon as a popped in the first one, and realized how out of shape they were, quit. To someone who frequently worksout, motivation isnt an issue. Someone who hasnt worked out in a while, it takes alot more! thats all.

agree to disagree on the topic of p90x?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    As to my "have to WANT to workout" comment; Can't tell you how many people i know bought the dvds and "wanting" to workout, but as soon as a popped in the first one, and realized how out of shape they were, quit. To someone who frequently worksout, motivation isnt an issue. Someone who hasnt worked out in a while, it takes alot more! thats all.

agree to disagree on the topic of p90x?

Agreed :)

I will say that you will NEVER get like this BULK with P90x;

bodybuilder.jpg

BUT THIS is a P90x Body;

0.jpg

And there are plenty more like him.

Take this Asian guy for example in the link below,

http://teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/35485701

Guy did just 90 days of P90x with a clean diet. That's bulk enough for me.

:)

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    P90x is a good workout. Some people need a strict plan and if you follow it you will get in better shape. If you are not in good shape then take breaks. I have used p90x and still do, (ok only the plyometrics now, the other stuff is not what I'm looking for) and it is fun. Will it help you run 10 miles. No not really. Is it best if you need to fight mma for 15 minutes, not really. Will you look better and probably feel better, probably. O on a side note, eat whatever you want, just don't eat a bunch of it. I train about 10 hr a week at times and when I'm doing that much I'll eat a candy bar if I want one.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    P90x is a good workout. Some people need a strict plan and if you follow it you will get in better shape. If you are not in good shape then take breaks. I have used p90x and still do, (ok only the plyometrics now, the other stuff is not what I'm looking for) and it is fun. Will it help you run 10 miles. No not really. Is it best if you need to fight mma for 15 minutes, not really. Will you look better and probably feel better, probably. O on a side note, eat whatever you want, just don't eat a bunch of it. I train about 10 hr a week at times and when I'm doing that much I'll eat a candy bar if I want one.

+1

P90x does lack on Cardio Big Time. Cardio for Beginners.

However I know some guys doing a Hybrid of P90x & Insanity and are seeing Major Results.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    What I have found works for many people is to measure yourself/photograph yourself every other week. You will notice differences more and may give you more motivation to stick with it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheMadKing504
    Top Bottom