Quick Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ngarre2

Geaux Tigers
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Covington
    Just trying to remember if there is anywhere in Louisiana where you are not allowed by law to have you gun in your car.

ngarre2

Geaux Tigers
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Covington
    Sorry, I mean for instance, if you are going to say the Sherrif's office or jail or somewhere you aren't allowed to CC are there any places like that where you are not allowed to leave your gun in your car? So in other words leave it at home if you go to this place and park your car. I hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Sorry, I mean for instance, if you are going to say the Sherrif's office or jail or somewhere you aren't allowed to CC are there any places like that where you are not allowed to leave your gun in your car? So in other words leave it at home if you go to this place and park your car. I hope that makes sense.

none.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    This is for schools...
    RS 14:95.2
    §95.2. Carrying a firearm, or dangerous weapon, by a student or nonstudent on school property, at school-sponsored functions or firearm-free zone

C. The provisions of this Section shall not apply to:

(5) Any constitutionally protected activity which cannot be regulated by the state, such as a firearm contained entirely within a motor vehicle.

(8) A student who possesses a firearm in his dormitory room or while going to or from his vehicle or any other person with permission of the administration.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Angola ? Dixon Correctional , etc. ?

Yep I wouldn't try those. I was going with a buddy to work on a radio tower at DCI awhile back. I saw the sign at the road about what you can and can't do and told him to let me out. I wasn't taking a gun on their property.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Many years ago ( 1970's ) I went to a softball game at Angola . The guards relieved me of my pistol and held it for me at the gate until I left .

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    This is for schools...
    RS 14:95.2
    §95.2. Carrying a firearm, or dangerous weapon, by a student or nonstudent on school property, at school-sponsored functions or firearm-free zone

C. The provisions of this Section shall not apply to:

(5) Any constitutionally protected activity which cannot be regulated by the state, such as a firearm contained entirely within a motor vehicle.

(8) A student who possesses a firearm in his dormitory room or while going to or from his vehicle or any other person with permission of the administration.

I think within 1000 ft. of a school??

:D

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Just made a visit to Tallulah to visit a "friend" who is being supported by our tax dollars. They have a drop box at the guards gate for firearms. It must be unloaded and will be returned to you as you leave.

Top Bottom