Quick question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    Just making sure my La permit will still cover me traveling to Destin, FL. Any problems I may run into along the way? As long as I follow normal guidelines as in government buildings, etc.? Thanks

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Yes, but you fall under MS, AL, and FL laws, not LA. Also keep in mind that FL is not an open carry friendly state.
    Florida's list from their website ->> http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/possession.html

any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05
    any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station
    any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse
    any courtroom*
    any polling place
    any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district
    any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof
    any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms
    any school administration building
    any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption*
    any elementary or secondary school facility
    any area technical center
    any college or university facility*
    inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport*
    any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You cannot carry in any restaurant that serves alcohol in the same location! No distinction between separate dinning room / bar area.:nono:

Which is quite stupid btw.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    You cannot carry in any restaurant that serves alcohol in the same location! No distinction between separate dinning room / bar area.:nono:

Which is quite stupid btw.

I think you missed the part where it says the primary part is alcohol sale= bar area.

"any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;"

Last edited:

LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    Thanks guys. I'm not going to any bars or partying. Just driving down to a wedding on the beach. I'd rather not be going but the wife changed my mind. And SHE decided that since were down there, we should stay from Thursday to Monday. I really don't like traveling. And it will be the opening weekend of teal season.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I think you missed the part where it says the primary part is alcohol sale= bar area.

"any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;"

Well 2 months ago while vacationing in Pensacola, I called the Fla. Dept. of AG and Consumer Services Division of Licensing(they oversee the Concealed Carry Licensing), and asked if the Florida law concerning restaurants is similar to the Louisiana Law. I was told very matter of factly, "Florida does not distinguish between restaurants and bars with regard to CC." So I asked; So I can't bring my concealed handgun to the restaurant tonight? And was told, "Sir, you cannot bring a concealed handgun in any restaurant that sells alcohol in Florida."

Now either she was an idiot(which she most definitely wasn't), or lying to me. As further good measure I logged on to USCCA and asked the Florida specific question and was told by a longtime Florida resident/lawyer/fellow CCer; that the woman is correct. Do not carry into a restaurant.

Now you can take that for what it's worth, but I will continue to travel to Florida, and I will not be bringing my Concealed Carry Pistol inside the restaurants.

Don't understand why this Florida law can't just read, "It is illegal to Conceal Carry in a restaurant that offers alcoholic beverages."

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    spam.jpg
    [/IMG]

Sometimes NO RESPONCE is the best responce:}

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Just like on this forum take it with a grain of salt but this from a Florida concealed carry forum.

(quote) In the book, Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership, Seventh Edition (the newest printing), in the section explaining where you may not carry even with a permit, Chapter 5, page 76, paragraph 11 it states (and I quote)...

"In any portion of a restaurant, bar, nightclub, or other establishment licensed to serve alcohol for consumtion on the premises (not a liquor store which only sells the packaged stuff vs. serving it) in the portion of the premises that is primarily devoted to that purpose.

In other words, if you go into a restaurant you can't go in the bar, you can't even walk through the bar ---- but you can sit at a dinner table, go to other places within the establishment not within or through the bar area, and even order drinks with your meal, or just order drinks".

Goes to show just how much some of these instructors really know. As for restaurants, it allows you to carry in the restaurant, even if it has a bar, but you are not to carry in the bar area. Definitely some gray area there.(quote)

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Well 2 months ago while vacationing in Pensacola, I called the Fla. Dept. of AG and Consumer Services Division of Licensing(they oversee the Concealed Carry Licensing), and asked if the Florida law concerning restaurants is similar to the Louisiana Law. I was told very matter of factly, "Florida does not distinguish between restaurants and bars with regard to CC." So I asked; So I can't bring my concealed handgun to the restaurant tonight? And was told, "Sir, you cannot bring a concealed handgun in any restaurant that sells alcohol in Florida."

Now either she was an idiot(which she most definitely wasn't), or lying to me. As further good measure I logged on to USCCA and asked the Florida specific question and was told by a longtime Florida resident/lawyer/fellow CCer; that the woman is correct. Do not carry into a restaurant.

Now you can take that for what it's worth, but I will continue to travel to Florida, and I will not be bringing my Concealed Carry Pistol inside the restaurants.

Don't understand why this Florida law can't just read, "It is illegal to Conceal Carry in a restaurant that offers alcoholic beverages."

Or she just doesn't really know any better.... Sometimes you run into state workers like that (actually, they don't even have to be state workers).

Florida is a pretty gun friendly state. Don't carry in a bar and you should be fine. If you stop to eat in Alabama, that's different. They are surprisingly not a gun friendly state (but they are better than many others) and you can't carry in any establishment that serves alcohol.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Or you can call them yourselves and do what you like.;)

And as I will always contend, There should no prohibition on where I can carry for self defense. So screw all of this vague horse s**t!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PatRome
    Top Bottom