"quick scopes"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaron_j

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Meraux,La
    looking to swap out the red dot/mag combo on my rifle, I liked the Mueller Quick Scope, but wanted a little more magnification. Found only a handful, one being the Weaver KASPA 1.5-6x, but no reviews, just the unit being bashed due to it being Chinese made and in the $200 market.

Id like up to 7x or 9x variable but still be able to turn it down to 1-2x, and not break the bank when I do buy one. What are my options, and best bang for the buck.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    All of the 2-8x scopes I have seen exceed my definition of "breaking the bank". What sort of a maximum budget are you looking at.

For an affordable 1.5-6x, you should look at Burris. I don't have any experience with them, but I keep hearing good things said about them. If you can afford a little more than that, look a Leupold. I've got a Leopold goldring 3-9x that is older than I am and has never lost zero.

For me, scope choice is more about the reticle than anything else. Unfortunately for me, I found this to have what I consider to be the best reticle ever designed, so I'm gonna be saving for a while, and then breaking the bank. : http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-1-6x24-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P53845.aspx

aaron_j

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Meraux,La
    Thats a nice piece, with a nice price tag!

I actually started to get a Nikon P223, but after the issues we had with the M223 Laser IRT we bought and Nikons lack of a good customer service I quickly strayed away from that. In short we got the scope from Midway, took it out and could get it to sight in, bottomed out the elevation and still shot about 12-14" high at 100yds, sent it in and took them 3wks to conclude it was out of calibration, needless to say it took at total of 3 months to revieve a replacement from when we sent it off. Wasnt replaced till we demanded a refund and also fwd'ed all the emails to Midway asking what they could do.

Ill check out the Burris' as well man!

Top Bottom